Easily Find State Tax Credits and other State/Local EV Perks

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
There is already a thread on the Federal Tax Credit but this thread is dedicated to a VERY useful site I found that will give you state and local tax credits as well as very convenient links to the official sites or documents for the tax programs (make sure to hover your pointer over each item to get to the links). Plus, this site has useful local information about local utility company charging incentives or HOV lane benefits, car insurance discounts, preferred parking or other local perks.

https://pluginamerica.org/why-go-plug-in/state-federal-incentives/

For example, New York State offers a 50% tax credit for installing an electric charging station but installation must be done by 1/1/18 so if anyone is in NY and waiting for their Model 3, INSTALL YOUR CHARGER NOW!!!!

Plus, I'm applying for my NY Green EZ-Pass discount for 10% off some tolls.

Last edited:

Truav8r

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For example, New York State offers a 50% tax credit for installing an electric charging station but installation must be done by 1/1/18 so if anyone is in NY and waiting for their Model 3, INSTALL YOUR CHARGER NOW!!!!
Beware that the NY EVSE credit is only applicable if it's used at least 50% for business purposes. If you're just a regular resident charging your personal electric vehicle, the rebate does not apply.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is already a thread on the Federal Tax Credit but this thread is dedicated to a VERY useful site I found that will give you state and local tax credits as well as very convenient links to the official sites or documents for the tax programs (make sure to hover your pointer over each item to get to the links). Plus, this site has useful local information about local utility company charging incentives or HOV lane benefits, car insurance discounts, preferred parking or other local perks.

https://pluginamerica.org/why-go-plug-in/state-federal-incentives/

Plus, I'm applying for my NY Green EZ-Pass discount for 10% off some tolls.
Thanks for sharing this!

Allow me to be the first to say I am an embarrassed Floridian :(

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Wow, someone mis-typed something for Pennsylvania. That's hard to read.
This website is a nonprofit and benefits from other users submitting new incentives or giving feedback to fix glitches like what you found for Pennsylvania. Other states have similar glitches like Texas. Definitely click the link at the top to the page so they can fix it "See something missing or need to make a correction? Contact us."