EAP Demo activated by Dealer?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Hi All,
First time poster, long time lurker. Took delivery of my white, PUP, AWD, LR on friday sept 28th in Montreal. Delivery guy noticed the EAP was activated on my car since he saw the calibrating icon on the screen. He thought it was strange since I said I never ordered it so he just let it go. Not that I'm complaining if its a glitch.

But is it possible that someone at the dealer activated the 14 day EAP demo? I would have liked to wait a bit to try it after I got used to the car. Or do all new cars get the EAP activated by default and it gets turned off after?

BTW, love the car. No defects as per checklist and all is well either way.

Thanks

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When I was volunteering to help with new owner orientation on Saturday, we noticed the same thing on one of the cars. Maybe it just appears that way until all of the cameras have been calibrated? They are still needed for the Autopilot safety features, which are included as standard equipment.

Or maybe Tesla decided to give everybody free EAP as a gift for putting up with all of the recent delivery shenanigans. :)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
FWIW, I also picked up on the 28th. I wanted to use the trial as well but I never got a notification. Finally got through to CS on Sunday and they said the EAP trial is not available anymore. Looks like you may have gotten lucky and it was enabled for you outside of the trial.

Country
Country
Hmmmm this is interesting...

Just went to test it, and it definitely has EAP. Blue marks on the lane and steering wheel icon. Didn't seem to keep it centered on the lane though. Perhaps its the horrible markers we have up here.

Last edited:

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Enjoy it while you can, I doubt they are giving away EAP given the price point.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can someone share or point out what the "Calibrating icon" is? Have never heard of it or seen it, just been told and know that it took the first 25 to 30 miles driving the car for it to happen, didn't know there was an indicator.

Thanks,

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks - new one on me. Wasn't following the other thread and if my car did it, and it likely did I didn't see it. Of course it happened in the first hour of having the car. Hadn't heard anyone else mention it or recognize that there was a progress indicator.

Curious to know if v9 starts using some additional cameras if they have already calibrated or if there might need to be some additional calibration required once the new SW hits.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks - new one on me. Wasn't following the other thread and if my car did it, and it likely did I didn't see it. Of course it happened in the first hour of having the car. Hadn't heard anyone else mention it or recognize that there was a progress indicator.

Curious to know if v9 starts using some additional cameras if they have already calibrated or if there might need to be some additional calibration required once the new SW hits.
Probably didn’t happen when you got your car. It was not in mine that was delivered July 25th. Part of a fairly recent SW update.

Country
Country
So exactly one week after delivery, my eap is now gone. It was fun to test it!

I did notice in stop and go traffic it failed to recognize a car cutting in front of me. Had to hit brakes pretty hard. Just that one time tho.