It looks better on Teslarati dot com
The black paint contrasts better

c2c

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There will have to be a way to tell which is LR or SR, and if they add more battery options....
Or maybe SR/LR is an OTA software switch...
Simplifies manufacturing. Warranty protection since the bigger battery reduces the risk of the battery capacity declining with age/aggressive use/charging. Creates revenue during the lifecycle when owners upgrade. Creates an All Long Range fleet when Model 3s become autonomous taxi cabs. The owner rents out the car for the 55 kWHrs, then Tesla gets the revenue for the remaining 20 kWHrs. Sorry, that is just plain evil.

TheTony

It happened.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I love the simplicity of the badging on the 3s that have been delivered so far. It's clean, simple, and elegant.

If they didn't badge the 3 with the model, why is there a need to badge it with the variant? I fully understand that there are people who want to share with the world exactly what they're driving. However, that's personally of no consequence to me.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
...one more reason to be happy with my first production! At least that is what I tell myself as the price of performance drops...

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Why? It shows on the center screen.
Actually, this car is different in so many ways, I should (and everybody else) just embrace, or trust, whatever Elon comes up with.
In the back of my head, since I spend my working hours on the road, it is somewhat fun to look at cars and badges, as if I can match/profile drivers based on look, driving style, car model and submodel. Just a game, and the badge adds a bit more flavor.