Driver's side window recesses all the way down

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My driver's side window goes all the way down. The two other Model 3s I saw the front windows all stick up slightly. What do your windows look like and is this an issue?

Simon Says

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
My driver's side window goes all the way down. The two other Model 3s I saw the front windows all stick up slightly. What do your windows look like and is this an issue?

Mine sticks up and it annoys the heck out of me. Rear window not going all the way down sure but not the front! The service center is not even sure what it is suppose to be like.

Simon Says

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Start posting the VIN's / build date with the behavior and you may have found some sort of change that has already happened in the build.
Ok mine is 105XX I saw 199xx today at a supercharger zero defect and window all the way down. The owner suggested I should invoke California Lemon Law when he saw all the issues with mine.... Monterey service center as seen two model 3 with window sticking up but I don't have vins on it. Getting really annoyed with my 10+ list of serious defects and regret accepting delivery. Don't accept the pressure and don't sign anything believing they will fix small things while you wait. They don't do anything and if you signed the docs it is now your problem and they say to contact your local service center. I was a little too positive and gullible now I have headaches and a new car payment on a defective car.

The delivery process reminds me of pressure sell tactics for such things as timeshares. I'll be making calls to BBB and attorneys next week while the car is in the shop for a multi-week repair. I really want nothing to do with it at this point.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The windows are supposed to roll down flush with the trim, not stick up above. It is a simple adjustment at the service center. I had the passenger side up about 1/2" and the service center took care of it with no problems at all.
With the fancy stuff they can do on these cars, do you know if was a physical adjustment or software adjustment? Kind of like the newer garage doors. Hold the adjustment button down til it stops where you want it and release, then it remembers that spot.

Simon Says

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
With the fancy stuff they can do on these cars, do you know if was a physical adjustment or software adjustment? Kind of like the newer garage doors. Hold the adjustment button down til it stops where you want it and release, then it remembers that spot.
For the window the service center can make a physical adjustment. Not sure why so many comes out poorly adjusted. Right now my biggest issue is panel gaps which they say are within tolerance but you can see trim not along on door and hood crooked off center.

But anyway if you windows don't go down completely in the front go to your service center.

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
At delivery and after firmware update to 2018.14.13, they were both sticking up a bit then, yesterday, I noticed the driver side was all the way down with passenger up a bit and, today, they were both down. No intervening software update but it has been warmer.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If they are changing heights with no firmware update, it may be a matter of calibration instead. Did you try rolling them completely up and down a few times?

verygooddog

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
After reading about this issue, I checked mine. On both sides, the windows stick up about 1/4". I never noticed this, and frankly, it's hardly noticeable, so I don't really care. When I take it in for service, I will ask them to adjust it, but it's a really minor issue to me.

Attachments

RICK M

Ok mine is 105XX I saw 199xx today at a supercharger zero defect and window all the way down. The owner suggested I should invoke California Lemon Law when he saw all the issues with mine.... Monterey service center as seen two model 3 with window sticking up but I don't have vins on it. Getting really annoyed with my 10+ list of serious defects and regret accepting delivery. Don't accept the pressure and don't sign anything believing they will fix small things while you wait. They don't do anything and if you signed the docs it is now your problem and they say to contact your local service center. I was a little too positive and gullible now I have headaches and a new car payment on a defective car.

The delivery process reminds me of pressure sell tactics for such things as timeshares. I'll be making calls to BBB and attorneys next week while the car is in the shop for a multi-week repair. I really want nothing to do with it at this point.
Hi ! Your issues are the reason I'm getting a used model S.One should not accept a vehicle with so many defects. Your issues are not isolated. Numerous new model 3 owners are having many of the same problems. I feel your pain.....