Driver's side door has to be slammed to close it - If not the screen shows it as open

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picked up my new M3 this Saturday (09/22/2018).

Does anyone have an issue with the driver's side door not closing easily? It has to be slammed to close and the screen shows it as open if not.

I did checklist check during the pickup but somehow this was missed. Any suggestions or how did you guys solved it will be much appreciated.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wanted to know how this problem was solved by the fellow model 3 owners.
Most likely, the door or the door latch needs to be slightly repositioned.

One thing you could try yourself is to make sure the rubber gasket around the door is completely seated. If you're unfamiliar with how they are mounted, pull out on a section and it will come off fairly easily, and you can see how there's a slot that just fits over a metal edge in the frame. There should be another gasket on the door itself. Make sure those gaskets are completely seated - push them on the whole way.

Country
Country
Some have said that over time the door closes easier. The seal compresses more and gets worn in.
On the other hand I would be be getting it looked at by Tesla to be sure

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just wanted to give an update how it went.

The service center technician took a look. Tried to convince me that it's normal behavior for the driver side door as it's the last one to be shut. His logic was, the air pressure is trapped in the car and the last door to be closed is to be slammed. That was complete bs and ridiculous. Could just disprove his logic by keeping the driver side door closed and trying the passenger side door. Then he saw the problem. They said they have a test to check the pressure required to close the door and would perform that. I was given a non-Tesla loaner car and came back in the evening after receiving a text from the technician.

They did the test to find that it was not normal. they adjusted the panel alignment and it works well now. Overall it was an OK experience.