Driver seat rubbing console

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Just in the past 3 weeks my driver seat has started rubbing against my console. I thought it was due to my fatness spreading the seat out but now it looks like maybe my seat has shifted? I can't really tell. I have a call into mobile service. I was just wondering if someone else has had this issue? Can the bolsters lose their support over time? I have had my car since April and I have the 1st gen seats. I am concerned that they won't hold up over time if they are already this spread out. Anyway the reason it is annoying me is it makes a squeeky noise that I can hear as I drive around. I am 6'4" and about 230 pounds so I am a bigger guy but I would think I am not that above average :)

This is my right seat which has a gap:

Here is my left seat which is touching the console with me out of the car:

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm also around 230ish lbs and even though mine doesn't rub against the center console I've noticed an annoying noise lately (specifically when I hit bumps). I'm having the SC take a look at it, suggest you do the same.

Ct200h

Country
Country
A common solution is black felt in between the seat and the console . This technique is used as an OE solution by several manufacturers.
Tesla should add felt as part of a field fix but I doubt that’s been developed yet.
Not hard to do yourself if they can’t fix it.
Felt is a great damper and noise/squeak/rattle suppressor.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
A common solution is black felt in between the seat and the console . This technique is used as an OE solution by several manufacturers.
Tesla should add felt as part of a field fix but I doubt that’s been developed yet.
Not hard to do yourself if they can’t fix it.
Felt is a great damper and noise/squeak/rattle suppressor.
That's my plan if they don't resolve it. I have a mobile service appointment on Nov 6th for it. I am excited to have my first mobile service come to my house.