Driver Centric Center Display

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

sduck

Country
Country
There's a video on youtube about this - get underneath the screen, remove a panel, loosen two bolts, it'll move a little and you can rotate it slightly towards the driver. Not as much as in that (presumably) photoshopped picture though.

tipton

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There's a video on youtube about this - get underneath the screen, remove a panel, loosen two bolts, it'll move a little and you can rotate it slightly towards the driver. Not as much as in that (presumably) photoshopped picture though.

i have no doubt its not photoshopped. given his 3d expertise you could definitely print some parts to enable you to do this - would be my guess.

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Pop open the bottom panel of the screen. There are two 10mm hex screw. Remove those and pull the screen out and up at ~30 degree from horizontal.

I am experimenting with a few prototype mounts. The one pictured is at 15 degree rotation. The next one, if I find time tomorrow, will be 10 degree. Will report on the results and post more pictures then.

CJ

JustTheTip

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wouldn’t put it past Tesla to void any computer warranties because of this. At least it’s easy enough to undo. ;)

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
10 degree version from the back seat:

20180818_075106-jpg.13284

From the driver headrest:

20180818_075152-jpg.13285

From the front passenger headrest:

20180818_075125-jpg.13286

Ergonomically, the 15 degree version is more correct for the driver.
Aesthetically, the 10 degree version is more subtle and less disruptive to the original design.
I do like them both.

Last edited: