Doug Demuro reviewed the model 3!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
YES!! Daddy Doug <3

Been a long time subscriber and surprised he got to the interview so quick. And I think I noticed some nods to the Model 3 Owners Club review with Trev and Ken in the quirks and features column ;)

The driving aspect of the review (along with his mass fan base) did it for me though. Expect (more) heavy demand for the Model 3

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It appears this writer is angry at Doug. Maybe Jealous??

Anyway I don't think Doug treated the Model 3 any different than his other reviews. I don't know why this guy things he should change his format just because Tesla is a different car company.

http://www.thedrive.com/opinion/15838/the-truth-behind-doug-demuros-tesla-model-3-review
Well. At first I thought it to be a stupid Tesla-hating article.
But it’s actually a very thorough and good article, concentrating on the crux why Model 3 is (going to be) such a success; positive emotion.

Maybe not a coincidence: my father had a Morgen three-wheeler around 1950 and all his life regretted selling it for a Volkswagen Beetle.
I myself am going to sell all my cars except for one Citroën DS, for ever my epitome of car innovation and design.
Emotion truly is a crucial factor.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Well. At first I thought it to be a stupid Tesla-hating article.
But it’s actually a very thorough and good article, concentrating on the crux why Model 3 is (going to be) such a success; positive emotion.

Maybe not a coincidence: my father had a Morgen three-wheeler around 1950 and all his life regretted selling it for a Volkswagen Beetle.
I myself am going to sell all my cars except for one Citroën DS, for ever my epitome of car innovation and design.
Emotion truly is a crucial factor.
I agree with most of the content of the article and I agree with you on how it is well written. But why did he have to attack Doug DeMuro in order to start an article which has nothing to do with the actual review that Doug did. I am guessing it is because the automotive press dislikes him because he is goofy and unconventional. Frankly that is why I love his reviews so much. Just look at my avatar I consider myself pretty goofy too. Personally I discount journalists that need to attack others to get people to read their stuff.

Caracul

Country
Country
I agree with most of the content of the article and I agree with you on how it is well written. But why did he have to attack Doug DeMuro in order to start an article which has nothing to do with the actual review that Doug did. I am guessing it is because the automotive press dislikes him because he is goofy and unconventional. Frankly that is why I love his reviews so much. Just look at my avatar I consider myself pretty goofy too. Personally I discount journalists that need to attack others to get people to read their stuff.
Alex Roy has been writing and driving and racing in a fashion for a long long time. I recently saw him post a video in which he is ripping the p*ss out of a YouTuber after they had been invited to a tyre manufacturer showcase of new tyres.

He is often a brilliant read, an extremely strong proponent of both EVs and autonomous driving and experienced/knowledgeable.

He can also be like a 13 kid sniggering in a corner.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Alex Roy has been writing and driving and racing in a fashion for a long long time. I recently saw him post a video in which he is ripping the p*ss out of a YouTuber after they had been invited to a tyre manufacturer showcase of new tyres.

He is often a brilliant read, an extremely strong proponent of both EVs and autonomous driving and experienced/knowledgeable.

He can also be like a 13 kid sniggering in a corner.
Yeah I don't mind people critiquing other people in a constructive way. It was him calling Doug an idiot I took offense to.

dogfood

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ryan, from Ride the Lightning podcast, interviewed Alex Roy in episode 116 and it was a good segment. Alex Roy has a rough edge and uses his journalism platform like a folding chair in wrestling or cream pie in a slapstick movie (meaning he's not doing so maliciously), but he has a real love of the automotive mystique and is fully vested in the electric and autonomous future. As long as you take him with a grain of salt, he can be very entertaining (his Morgan 3-wheeler intro on YouTube is cool). You may get tired of "nobody cares," though.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It appears this writer is angry at Doug. Maybe Jealous??

Anyway I don't think Doug treated the Model 3 any different than his other reviews. I don't know why this guy things he should change his format just because Tesla is a different car company.

http://www.thedrive.com/opinion/15838/the-truth-behind-doug-demuros-tesla-model-3-review
Sounds like he is not allowed to write about his experience yet and is jealous of not getting the scoop, or the fun. Lots of good points, but could have been done in less than a third of the words. I preferred Doug's style.

BobLoblaw

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country