Doubling my odds...

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now with the report of east coast owners getting invited to configure, I couldn’t sit idly by anymore.

I added a second deposit today, but this one should have better odds — I used my parents account with owner priority.

Let’s see who wins the race!
  • 3/31/16 line stander non-owner
  • 1/4/18 online owner

Why didn’t I do this weeks... months... ago??

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Last edited:

LucyferSam

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm guessing your first res will win, but this is why I used my dad's account to reserve mine ;-}

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If owner priority comes first, then technically my owner today with owner priority should come before the first California non owner and definitely before my east coast non owner res.

Will be interesting to see though!

Non-owner reservation... but to improve the odds of both, make sure you use your aunts/cousins/sisters address in California!
I don’t want to use the California address because I don’t want to pay for another California Trip and taxes on the car.

mig

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm also in a waiting game. A family member and Tesla Model S owner placed a reservation for me on 4/1. They got an invite to configure 12/22 and allowed me to configure the vehicle, but I'm waiting to see if my own reservation (3/31 line waiter in the afternoon) comes up before mid January. My lease ends in Feb so I have to make a decision soon. I'm also biding my time in case more information on std battery becomes available.

It will also be interesting to hear your experience @SoFlaModel3!

Geo1688

Country
Country
Now with the report of east coast owners getting invited to configure, I couldn’t sit idly by anymore.

I added a second deposit today, but this one should have better odds — I used my parents account with owner priority.

Let’s see who wins the race!
  • 3/31/16 line stander non-owner
  • 1/4/18 online owner

Why didn’t I do this weeks... months... ago??
May I ask what the delivery estimate of your second reservation for first production was?

sreams

Country
Country
If owner priority comes first, then technically my owner today with owner priority should come before the first California non owner and definitely before my east coast non owner res.
We don't know how much weight each factor has in terms of priority, though. Maybe owner priority just means you move in front of every non-owner who reserved the same week you did. Or the same month. Or the same year. Only Tesla knows... and they may not even know.

sreams

Country
Country
Right now it says “Late 2018”
Then that is probably what it will be. Since your parents are already owners, Tesla shouldn't give you one estimated delivery date and then change it later. This suggests that owners who reserve now do not move in front of non-owners who reserved a year and a half ago. Which is probably the right thing for Tesla to do.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Then that is probably what it will be. Since your parents are already owners, Tesla shouldn't give you one estimated delivery date and then change it later. This suggests that owners who reserve now do not move in front of non-owners who reserved a year and a half ago. Which is probably the right thing for Tesla to do.
It may also just be an automatic placeholder — my guess.

Frankly is “loyalty begets loyalty” then we should expect this reservation to jump the line.

It has me curious to say the least. Either way I’ll get back the $1,000 from the “loser” or find that my wife loves the car and get 2.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh, I certainly agree... but not without limit. An owner should jump in front of everyone who reserved in a similar timeframe, IMHO. That still would represent a significant jump in line in any case.
Could be.

Goes back to the name of the thread ... just doubling down in case this is the fast pass to the front :)

sreams

Country
Country
2 sources inside tesla have let me know owners go first so my bet is that your new reservation will come first.
To be clear... did they say "owners go first" (of course they do), or did they specifically say "every single owner goes ahead of every single non-owner, regardless of reservation date". These are not necessarily the same thing.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To be clear... did they say "owners go first" (of course they do), or did they specifically say "every single owner goes ahead of every single non-owner, regardless of reservation date". These are not necessarily the same thing.
They knew I just made reservation, they said I will be put before non owners, but my estimate say late 2018 even a month later, so who knows ill update if that changes. My impression was, "you will be taken care of early 2018 before we move on to non owners"

sreams

Country
Country
They knew I just made reservation, they said I will be put before non owners, but my estimate say late 2018 even a month later, so who knows ill update if that changes. My impression was, "you will be taken care of early 2018 before we move on to non owners"
Okay. Will be interesting to see what happens.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Tell me about it. Today I lost all hope, i thought i would at least get an update estimate but nothing. oh well need some more time anyways to hope for a matte black/SR model with some more options.