Door Trim Curved?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

azentropy

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Haven't seen this posted yet. When I picked up my Model 3 4 weeks ago I noticed a "kink" in the back door trim/seals on both sides that looked odd. I went to the service advisor and he wasn't sure make to make of it. He went and checked another that they had and came back and said one door had it and one door didn't. So wasn't sure which was correct. He said he was going to order replacements for me, but I haven't heard back - that is another issue.... But in the meantime thought I would check to see what others had.

It is really hard to get a good picture of, but tried attaching two of them.

Attachments

S Madgal

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Haven't seen this posted yet. When I picked up my Model 3 4 weeks ago I noticed a "kink" in the back door trim/seals on both sides that looked odd. I went to the service advisor and he wasn't sure make to make of it. He went and checked another that they had and came back and said one door had it and one door didn't. So wasn't sure which was correct. He said he was going to order replacements for me, but I haven't heard back - that is another issue.... But in the meantime thought I would check to see what others had.

It is really hard to get a good picture of, but tried attaching two of them.
I have similar issues - the door seals had "bubbles" in several places - the Service Centre confirmed they seem to have been damaged during transit and has ordered new door seals

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@azentropy Did you get this replaced and is it better?
Mine looks the same on both rear doors. The issue is that it catches on the small glass panel behind the door and gets that crinkle because it is held down like that all the time. I am getting a couple minor things serviced and also asked them to look at this. I am wondering if it is replaced if a new one will get same issue due to where it hits when closing or if it would now be high enough to close properly.

Last edited:

azentropy

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@azentropy Did you get this replaced and is it better?
Mine looks the same on both rear doors. The issue is that it catches on the small glass panel behind the door and gets that crinkle because it is held diwn like that all the time. I am getting a couple minor things serviced and also asked them to look at this. I am wondering if it is replaced if a new one will get same issue due to where it hits when closing or if it would now be high enough to close properly.
Nope. Called today and they are still waiting on parts. Going on 2 1/2 months now. I did get them to come out tomorrow and address a couple of other issues as I was tired of waiting to get it all done at once.

scaots

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Nope. Called today and they are still waiting on parts. Going on 2 1/2 months now. I did get them to come out tomorrow and address a couple of other issues as I was tired of waiting to get it all done at once.
Finally getting my windshield replaced after almost two months. Nagged them again today and they were like "oh we have the windshield, when do you want to do it"... uh, thanks for letting me know. Just has a few tiny scratches that most people wouldn't notice. I will see what they say about the trim.

scaots

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So they looked at the trim and acknowledged it, but didn't do anything about it. It is not a functionality issue. Water and what not will still be kept were it should be going so really just a minor cosmetic thing when you open the rear doors. I'll ask again next time I have service. This is a location that I think hasn't been very busy until just very recently. They seemed unaware of several common issues when I discussed them.

azentropy

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yeah the service tech came yesterday and was able to fix my crooked Frunk issue, turns out the latch itself was a bit off so when being closed it was pulling it over slightly. Had to order parts for the pillar bulge. As for the trim he hadn’t seen it before, but agreed something wasn’t right. He seemed to think maybe it was getting bent/pinched rather than just being curved from the get go. No eta on replacements yet.