door panel bubbles/blisters

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi all,

Has anyone else found the trim on your door(s) started to bubble? I found this the other day when I was cleaning the car.

IMG_2524.jpg

where it is on the door, is a spot that would not get rubbed/touch by me at all. I'm thinking just a factory defect or maybe do to excessive heat?. I have noticed on long trips that the front seats seem to get very hot. I think I read that the batteries exost heat into the cabin. Not sure if it's true or not. Called up the service center to get this fixed and find out what could be the cause. Got a call back and they wanted to charge me over $600 to replace the panel as they think I did this. That did not go over well with me. Now they reviewing the extra pictures I sent in to decided if it's a warranty item or not.

If anyone one else has gone through this, please let me know how you got it resolved/fixed.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I can tell you this showed up in the last month. I would have noticed this the last time I cleaned the interior. I have read on other forms people having "bubbles" show up somewhere on their door trim. Lets see what the service center thinks. My appointment is tomorrow and I expect them to call soon to let me know if this will be chargeable. If I did this, I wouldn't even be asking if anyone has seen this on their cars. Must admit I'm a bit annoyed with all the things I had to get fixed on my car since I got it. So far, this is the only one that hasn't just been covered.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hmmm, from my limited view, I agree with @iChris93 that it looks damaged by something as the bottom looked to be "pushed".
The only bubbles I'm aware of are on the dash and look more like air pockets forming, which I don't see similar as your photos. Anyone else drive your car and perhaps kick the door as they enter with their last foot?

Check these out for a dash comparison:
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/bubbles-on-dash.7965/
Again, it's not the same panel, so hopefully you can get this worked out.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
it looks like something abrasive was drug across the edge of the door panel that caught the outer surface and pulled it up looks like some have half moon shaped cuts
maybe a coat or something was shut in the door and tugged against the door panel?