Door opening actuators

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took the kids to the Tesla store the other day and my son decided he wanted to sit in the "driver seat" of the showroom model 3 (in addition to the X). One of the things I noticed getting into the driver side, passenger side, and back was that the door opening mechanisms/actuators seem both smoother and quieter than on my 103xxx VIN. Has anyone noticed this, or is my mind playing tricks on me? If this is indeed a change, it is another item worth pointing out that Tesla included on the ongoing part/design revisions list that will benefit new/future owners.

jsmay311

Country
Country
I'm not sure if the actuator changed on newer vehicles.

But I can share I've tried adjusting the door strikers on my Model 3 (VIN 037xxx) so that they would fully unlatch when pressing the "open" button more consistently, and I found that adjusting the position of the striker definitely has an effect on the loudness and "smoothness" of the door actuator/mechanism when opening the door. So it could simply be a matter of how the strikers are adjusted/positioned that explains the difference you observed.

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks - it certainly could be the striker adjustment, I was just surprised at how much smoother the showroom car was than mine.