"donation drive" vs "subscription"

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

bwilson4web

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Hi,

Finally seeing a "subscription" option, I went ahead and started an annual, $25(*). You' all are well worth it:
  • high technical content
  • thread house keeping (sorry, I've not figured out the map and appreciate thread/posts moves)
  • low to non-existent ad hominem
When I first joined, I only saw the "donation drive" and made one. I wanted to make a fair donation but there weren't any guidelines and I missed the subscription option.

Could we get a compare and contrast of why "subscription" versus "donation drive?"

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

* - Dropping Consumer Reports as they have poor history evaluating efficient cars.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks Bob for your contribution!

To be clear, a donation was a one-off "thank-you" that anyone can make if they see fit to support the site. The subscription, of which we have 2 levels, is a quarterly or yearly fee (yearly fee is a bit cheaper) that gives the member additional benefits such as no Google ads (we still run the banners from our site sponsors), more time to edit posts etc..
It's all explained in the account upgrades page.