Does the Model 3 have it's own phone number?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So we know the car has LTE with data, but does it also have it's own phone number? I was just glancing at the manual and found this:

The Tesla "T"
Touch the Tesla "T" at the top center of the touchscreen to display:

• Vehicle name (see Naming Your Vehicle on page 85).
  • Battery size.
  • Odometer.
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
  • Version of software currently installed on your Model 3.
  • Release notes associated with the currently-installed software version.
  • This owner's manual.
  • One-touch access to call Tesla Customer Support and Roadside Assistance.
  • One-touch access to all discovered Easter Eggs (see Easter Eggs on page 150).

Seeing that made me think, can it call on its own? I truly assume it makes that call using your paired phone, and I know the biggest assumption is that you have a smart phone to own and operate this car, but what if you use your card and don't take your phone with you? Does the car have any voice access? Can it make these calls on its own using LTE or does it strictly use your phone and voice plan for making any of the calls that can be initiated from the touch screen?

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So we know the car has LTE with data, but does it also have it's own phone number? I was just glancing at the manual and found this:

The Tesla "T"

• Battery size.
  • Odometer.
  • This owner's manual.

Seeing that made me think, can it call on its own? I truly assume it makes that call using your paired phone, and I know the biggest assumption is that you have a smart phone to own and operate this car, but what if you use your card and don't take your phone with you? Does the car have any voice access? Can it make these calls on its own using LTE or does it strictly use your phone and voice plan for making any of the calls that can be initiated from the touch screen?
No...

It uses your phone.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

The Tesla "T"

• Battery size.
  • Odometer.
  • This owner's manual.

Have you tried to press the Roadside assistance link without your phone paired? You know I would try it right now but wont see Ruby til tomorrow

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you tried to press the Roadside assistance link without your phone paired? You know I would try it right now but wont see Ruby til tomorrow
I didn't think of that last night and I would do that now, but I'm at work, and the car is home in the garage - and I get side eye anytime I want to go near the car, LOL.

My real theory is simply that buttons are made to be pushed, but someone else in the same house doesn't agree with me.

I asked permission last night before I went out to see if the seats were version 2 and I opened the trunk to see if the trim piece was there !!

I think if I can just make it to Saturday once we drive it to go get tint then we'll be beyond the let it sit in the garage and be new phase. This is day 3 it has not been driven, still only 62 miles.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I didn't think of that last night and I would do that now, but I'm at work, and the car is home in the garage - and I get side eye anytime I want to go near the car, LOL.

My real theory is simply that buttons are made to be pushed, but someone else in the same house doesn't agree with me.

I asked permission last night before I went out to see if the seats were version 2 and I opened the trunk to see if the trim piece was there !!

I think if I can just make it to Saturday once we drive it to go get tint then we'll be beyond the let it sit in the garage and be new phase. This is day 3 it has not been driven, still only 62 miles.
It seems you need to put in an order for one for yourself quickly. They are saying 4-6 months for first productions ordered now, so you may still qualify for full $7500 if you can get it before the END of December

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It seems you need to put in an order for one for yourself quickly. They are saying 4-6 months for first productions ordered now, so you may still qualify for full $7500 if you can get it before the END of December
That is an idea I've thought about and truly truly would do if I could afford it, but we just decided this weekend we really don't want to live without the truck. I would have to trade it to be remotely close to affording a second one. I'm just venting here because you all are very good at listening.

However, $1000 now might be worth it should I change my mind over the next few months, and if I don't change my mind, I can always get the $1000 back. And literally as I write this I realize if we had a second one I would not need the Long Range because it would simply be for commuting.

Damn - this post now has me reconsidering everything. I would still get PUP and EAP, so that is $10K and I honestly kind of like black, but would add the sport wheels again, so $46,500, minus $7500 - $39,000. May be time to consider selling some stock.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@LUXMAN - you're a sick man. LOL. I just placed a second reservation. It will all be about timing, I'm thinking there is a slim chance I really do this, and no chance if I can't get the $7500 government rebate, but without the reservation I don't get to make that decision later. This says everything about how impressed I am with this car so far, even not getting to drive it much yet.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@LUXMAN - you're a sick man. LOL. I just placed a second reservation. It will all be about timing, I'm thinking there is a slim chance I really do this, and no chance if I can't get the $7500 government rebate, but without the reservation I don't get to make that decision later. This says everything about how impressed I am with this car so far, even not getting to drive it much yet.
10928815-2894-4f92-bed9-189f126e366e-png.10129

You are Welcome :p I am here to help.....now let me get this straight....you pay for part of this car....so it would seem that he would help with the other one.....HEY! ANYBODY AROUND HERE GOT AN EXTRA RESERVATION WE CAN GET FOR THIS MAN? HE IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF A RESERVATION! ANYONE?
If I would have known I woulda held on to my second one for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Now you know the Y is Gonna be revealed in March maybe... other option would be reserve one and see how things shake out in next couple of years and replace the pick up with that and one of these....:tearsofjoy:

6cbb2894-0322-4505-ae28-dde149d1c791-jpeg.10132

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 10129

You are Welcome :p I am here to help.....now let me get this straight....you pay for part of this car....so it would seem that he would help with the other one.....HEY! ANYBODY AROUND HERE GOT AN EXTRA RESERVATION WE CAN GET FOR THIS MAN? HE IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF A RESERVATION! ANYONE?
If I would have known I woulda held on to my second one for you.[/QUOTE]

Very seriously this household doesn't need nor can it afford 2 $56K vehicles, and I really struggle with the thought of giving up my pickup, but I do like this car well enough that giving up the LR on a second one and trading the truck, it would be affordable. So it will boil down to can I or am I willing to give up the truck and does the gov't rebate hold out til I would come up later this year, or does the market do well enough that I can sell some stock (and no I didn't buy Tesla at $275 3 weeks back like I should have.)

So I don't want a reservation to pop up right now - I need to think about this and would like to make the decision about Nov 1. Will see what finances are like and just how willing I am to give up the pickup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country