Does the Lumbar Support actually work all 4 directions?

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure i this is just me...buuuuuuuuut...

For sure the Lumbar goes out and in...that is obvious. BUT...when I adjust up or down, I am getting the same effect as out and in.

For example, if I adjust the umber all the way out...it will not go anywhere when pressing "up"....If I press "down", however...the lumbar simply deflates/goes back in (as if I were pressing "in").

going from a completely neutral lumbar position, up and down doe the same as in and out.

In short...I see no difference between pressing up/down or in/out.

Anyone else have this?

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After seeing your reply, I went out and tried again...

nada at my end.

When fully out...pressing up does nothing...pressing down deflates (I can hear the bag deflating). When fully in...pressing down does nothing...pressing up inflates.

In other words, there is no up/down movement of the lumbar...only an inflate/deflate of the bag.

ravisorg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely works for me. Pressing it towards the front of the car inflates it, towards the back deflates it. Up moves it up, down moves it down.

Maybe get it checked?

harrison987

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely works for me. Pressing it towards the front of the car inflates it, towards the back deflates it. Up moves it up, down moves it down.

Maybe get it checked?
How far up/down is it going?

Also, if you inflate fully when all the way down...can you move it up?

ravisorg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’d guess it can move up and down about 6 inches but I haven’t measured it. It’s definitely noticeable and allows me to adjust the placement on my back depending on how I’m sitting (eg long drives vs short hops).

Will test fully inflating then moving...

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine doesn’t work at the lower end. It just seems to deflate when I push down. I’d call this high lower back to middle back support. It doesn’t do lower back.

EndoDoc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m having the same issue. Because it does not definitively go up or down, I really can’t get comfortable in the seat.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Check mine after reading this thread and it seems to be working in all directions.

Country
Country
Both front seats have two airbags, one above the other.
The top button inflates the upper airbag, the bottom button inflates the lower airbag.
The forward button inflates both airbags at the same time and the rear facing button deflates both airbags.
Nothing actually moves up or down at all.

masto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fascinating. I just got home with my Model 3 and discovered the lumbar buttons don't seem to work correctly. In my case, up, down, and "inflate" seem to work, but "deflate" does not. When I press the "back" direction, nothing happens. This is the same on both driver and passenger side. This has resulted in a rather painful seat, since I can't reduce the lumbar support from maximum. I wonder why this control is so troublesome.

AutopilotFan

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Fascinating. I just got home with my Model 3 and discovered the lumbar buttons don't seem to work correctly. In my case, up, down, and "inflate" seem to work, but "deflate" does not. When I press the "back" direction, nothing happens. This is the same on both driver and passenger side. This has resulted in a rather painful seat, since I can't reduce the lumbar support from maximum. I wonder why this control is so troublesome.
Try moving your finger around on the control. I found that I wasn't always pressing in the right place, and getting inflation/deflation when I wanted up/down. It's a bit hard to judge.

masto

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Try moving your finger around on the control. I found that I wasn't always pressing in the right place, and getting inflation/deflation when I wanted up/down. It's a bit hard to judge.
So it turns out that I'm just an idiot. I was sure I tested it properly and I wasn't just missing something. But after trying it again I realized that due to it being silent and slow, I just didn't realize it was working. You have to hold the button and wait, and it does actually deflate. So yay, no more hurty seats.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree here, I also realized I wasn't pressing in the right spots for up and down the first time I tried to use the lumbar support. It definitely does something in all directions, but what you might think of as up on the button is probably back a bit more. Move your finger around the circle, and give it time in each position.
That said, it's something I almost never use.