Does Tesla do home deliveries for Model 3 when a few hundred miles from a service center?

DR61

Country
Country
If not, anyone know where the pickup is in the Spokane, Washington region? Thanks!
I have read that delivery is possible to your home via flatbed truck if you are more than 160 miles from the nearest delivery center. I hope so, as this is one option I am considering (174 miles for me). If I sell my current car locally rather than trade it in, this would be convenient.

I've heard of at least one Model 3 delivery made that way.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
"I've heard of at least one Model 3 delivery made that way."

That's good to know as I'm about 300 miles from the nearest Tesla location and it wouldn't be the most convenient thing in the world to go drive and pick it up. :)

wheelers

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
We are also in Spokane (valley) & have talked to a customer service rep who said complimentary delivery is an option for us (160 miles away or more.) She did state that the Bellevue store is our closest. We are considering flying over & driving home. Haven't decided which way we will go yet...

Configured 4/16 & waiting for vin!

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Configured 4/16 & waiting for vin!
Configured mine on the 4/18, so presumably if they batch deliver to a region we'll be getting the cars at the same time. ;-) Really hoping it's before May 31 when the sales tax credit runs out. Almost a $3K difference in price before that date vs. after. :)

Country
Country
I am in Des Moines and my closest delivery center is right around 200 miles away in Kansas City. I was given the option of home delivery, but will likely end up picking up my car because I want to take delivery earlier rather than later (I was told that taking home delivery would add 7-14 days to my delivery schedule). From my discussion with my ISA, 160 miles is the threshold for being offered home delivery.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
(I was told that taking home delivery would add 7-14 days to my delivery schedule)
That may factor in then as Washington State's sales tax exemption (for the first $32K of the car) ends on May 31st, which is 6 weeks and 1 day from the day I ordered (currently estimating 3-6 weeks for delivery online from the day I ordered). For a savings of nearly $3K, I'd certainly be willing to catch a flight over to Seattle and pick it up there if the home delivery date is going to pass May 31st. ;-)

Country
Country
I just configured my Model 3. After I keyed in my address, it informed me that I was outside the service area and that they would deliver the car to my home address. I live outside of Syracuse, NY and the closest Tesla Store is 208 miles away in Mt. Kisco, NY. It didn't give me any other option than home delivery.

zosoisnotaword

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car was delivered to my house, but not by choice. I had a scheduled appointment to pick it up at my delivery center (230 miles away) the day before, but it didn't work out. The covered truck delivery was pretty cool and convenient, but it was bittersweet. I really missed going through the delivery experience at Tesla and then driving all the way home. If you are within a few hours, as my buddy told me, "You need to take the day off and go have the experience of being welcomed to the family."

Grashelm

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
My car was delivered to my house, but not by choice. I had a scheduled appointment to pick it up at my delivery center (230 miles away) the day before, but it didn't work out. The covered truck delivery was pretty cool and convenient, but it was bittersweet. I really missed going through the delivery experience at Tesla and then driving all the way home. If you are within a few hours, as my buddy told me, "You need to take the day off and go have the experience of being welcomed to the family."
Hopefully you're happy with the car!!!

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We live 240 miles from the nearest Tesla center and were offered free delivery last September, HOWEVER, due to having a trade-in, I would have had to quit driving my Volt from that point forward. And would have had zero questions answered and no training, since the delivery driver knew nothing. Plus delivery would have meant 3 weeks longer to wait for my new toy. All of that was a deal breaker and we got to have a 4 hour joy ride home after we picked it up.

cpgbenso

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am 15 miles outside of Portland, OR and when I just ordered my SR it said it would be home delivery, which was pretty surprising since the delivery lot for Portland isn't that far away for me. Wondering if they are moving towards more home delivery.