Does NPR News Now podcast work for you?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

lairdb

Country
Country
Several attempts, several reboots, many days -- NPR News Now not only won't play (half a second of audio, half a second of silence, over and over) but it also replaces the play/pause control with a spinner, so you can't stop it. Picking anotehr podcast doesn't seem to escape either; only switching to another source (e.g. an FM station favorite) stops it. Other podcasts, including other NPR podcasts (e.g. Up First) work fine. Is it just me? Same symptom on other media? Workarounds?

Thanks.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Several attempts, several reboots, many days -- NPR News Now not only won't play (half a second of audio, half a second of silence, over and over) but it also replaces the play/pause control with a spinner, so you can't stop it. Picking anotehr podcast doesn't seem to escape either; only switching to another source (e.g. an FM station favorite) stops it. Other podcasts, including other NPR podcasts (e.g. Up First) work fine. Is it just me? Same symptom on other media? Workarounds?

Thanks.
Do you have a location (other than "Earth")? I pretty much could have guessed that.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Erm, Southern California. Why would it matter? (EU/US differences? US.)
In this case it probably doesn't really matter but I was being pro-active for that time in the future when a question or comment from you would benefit from the context of where you lived. It can often help diagnose and explain things if you know what the local weather has been like, the elevations involved, the power rates, local types of roads and conditions, tax structures, etc.

I probably won't remember your location but if it were in your profile, everyone could see it every post. It really can be quite helpful.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Right - same here; I'm going to say for 4 weeks or so (and through a couple of firmware updates).
-I don't have any problem switching to another TuneIn stream though.
-I had been blaming TuneIn and meant to check another source but hadn't gotten around to it until just now when I checked on my PC and found it to be fine- might be worth a bug report.

lairdb

Country
Country
Right - same here; I'm going to say for 4 weeks or so (and through a couple of firmware updates).
-I don't have any problem switching to another TuneIn stream though.
-I had been blaming TuneIn and meant to check another source but hadn't gotten around to it until just now when I checked on my PC and found it to be fine- might be worth a bug report.
Okay, thanks; at least it's not just me.

I listen to that news most every day via iPhone's podcast app, so the stream should be viable.
Also, I tried earlier changing to my personal TuneIn account in the car; no change.
Also, I tried the same stream on TuneIn iPhone app; it was fine. So, it's something specific to that podcast *and* the car client.