Dodge Demon finally beats a Tesla S P100D

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Please post your personal videos into a single thread to keep things organized. Thanks

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It requires a non-street-legal configuration (skinny fronts, actual drag radials on the back, and race gas), but It can finally hang with the top dog.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It requires a non-street-legal configuration (skinny fronts, actual drag radials on the back, and race gas), but It can finally hang with the top dog.

So the real headline here should be "After several failed attempts the 100 year old car company finally is able to create a custom drag racing car that will barely beat a stock electric car designed for luxury"

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So the real headline here should be "After several failed attempts the 100 year old car company finally is able to create a custom drag racing car that will barely beat a stock electric car designed for luxury"
The Demon is very impressive. Another way to look at it is that they've created a car for $85,000 that can keep up with a $135,000 P100D.

And both of those cars will kick the snot out of any million-dollar exotic in a drag race.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Creating a "vehicle" that can go fast is not a challenge. Creating a comfortable, practical streetlegal car that can is the challenge. You can strap a seat onto a frame with an engine and configure it to wear everything out in short order, and thus accelerate way faster than if that engine was in an actual, practical car.

Or to put it another way - how many people do you see driving to work in top fuel dragsters?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Creating a "vehicle" that can go fast is not a challenge. Creating a comfortable, practical streetlegal car that can is the challenge.
Agreed. And I know the Demon needs some non-street-legal changes before it can hang with a P100D, but otherwise it too is a comfortable, practical street-legal vehicle. And it costs less.

I feel a little bad for Dodge. The Hellcats & Demon are great, inexpensive, quick cars. But they've been overshadowed by the Tesla "plood". Bad timing on Dodge's part. ;)

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The first FL street race when it couldn't perform well on regular roads, I understood. But I expected it to really blow us all away at the track. But after watching the video, I thought "man, all that prep and it still just barely beat the Tesla?" Still, good try, and I love the color of the Demon!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
But after watching the video, I thought "man, all that prep and it still just barely beat the Tesla?"
There are other videos of Demon's running in the 9's, so I think these slower times might be due to a less-than-perfect driver behind the wheel. It's hard to keep the rear wheels from spinning with that much power. That's one very nice thing about a Tesla - you just stomp the accelerator - no skill required. :)

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sh...nger-srt-demon-specs-info-photos-performance/