Do your windows rattle when down and closing door?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
So today I had the windows down all the way and noticed that they really rattle around and sound awful when closing the doors. Anyone else notice this problem? Both my front doors do it, so guessing it’s normal, but reminds me of a jalopy from the 70s, not a $50k+ modern car. I’m also missing some random hardware throughout my car (wheel well clips etc) so wondering if this is a similar type issue where they forgot some hardware in the doors.

Thanks!

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same problem here. Sounds pretty bad for a 50k+ car.
I assumed it was just the way it was deisgned since I've talked to a few other people and gotten the same response. I end up just making sure the windows are up

Technical48

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree it's not good, but if it makes you feel any better, know that my $85k-when-new Audi A8L did the same thing. With that car I was always careful to raise the windows before letting anybody close a door.

Country
Country
Thanks all for the responses, it's not really a huge deal honestly and if it's normal it makes me feel much better. I think I'm just getting paranoid my car wasn't assembled well since I've had some legitimate issues with the car since delivery(water in trunk, major condensation inside 3 of the lights, missing hardware in the wheel wells and mirror trim coming off).

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't remember where I saw the post, but someone reported there is a fine line between having the front windows not completely roll down and having them roll down too far so that they rattle around. Sounds like yours may be down too far.