Do Teslas notify if not plugged in?

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
My Volt has a simple feature that I find increasingly valuable as my memory degrades. :D It will has the ability to text me a reminder to plug the car in if it isn't already plugged in by a predetermined time. Does Tesla have a similar reminder feature? With so much more range available, it probably isn't nearly as imperative to plug in every night though.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
AFAIK, there is no reminder. You can check charge status on your phone app but I haven't found it necessary to have a reminder to charge.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Volt has a simple feature that I find increasingly valuable as my memory degrades. :D It will has the ability to text me a reminder to plug the car in if it isn't already plugged in by a predetermined time. Does Tesla have a similar reminder feature? With so much more range available, it probably isn't nearly as imperative to plug in every night though.
Doesn't it just become second nature to park and plug in?

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
This brings me to another question regarding being unplugged.

How much power does a Tesla use per day or per hr to keep its battery pack happy while parked in a 115-degree environment?

SSonnentag

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I guess I'll answer my own question since I decided to search via Google. Most reports from southwestern Model S owners are saying about 2 miles/day of range is lost. So I'll just estimate about 1 kWh/day during the summer.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This brings me to another question regarding being unplugged.

How much power does a Tesla use per day or per hr to keep its battery pack happy while parked in a 115-degree environment?
I have seen reports that vampire drain will cost you in the neighborhood of 10 miles of range per day. There is apparently an energy saving mode that can be enabled on the car though.

I've had this concern over parking at the airport when I travel for work, but I think I'm more worried about parking at the airport than the range I will lose. I think this is my first "Tesla inconvenience" actually. I will probably take an Uber to the airport now for work trips.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think @teslaliving had a post some time ago (like over a year ago) about some ITTT routines to remind to plug in, if not already. check out his blog with tons of helpful bits of info.

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
My Juicebox EVSE will remind me if it is not plugged into the vehicle by a certain time. So it can be done on the vehicle side or smart EVSE side.

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I'm wondering if this could be done through the Teslab app or using IFTTT
Hi there, I'm a developer on TezLab (renamed from Teslab) and it does not currently do plug in reminders but has many other cool features.

EVtripping.com is another project of mine (and free) and that can do daily plug reminders for Tesla (and tire rotations, annual service).

Tesla does not provide any plug in reminders which is a shame. They should do it natively, but until then there are other options.