Do **NOT** do business with Jeda!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've been awaiting my Jeda USB hub and charging pad since 8/1. Based on their website, it was supposed to ship within 3 weeks of the order date. On 8/19 I asked them where the "hey it shipped" email was, which was supposed to precede the delivery with a tracking number by a couple days. They informed me then that it would be 4 weeks, so I patiently waited another 2-3 weeks and then let them have a piece of my mind. They then came clean with the "we hit a snag" excuse that I never received via email - you can see it here: https://mailchi.mp/e4972ecfab63/jeda-usb-hub-september-shipping-update.

Well, based on my order number, and the 2-day shipping, I should have arrived yesterday and I'd be enjoying it today. It has not arrived and there's no proactive, "sorry, we hit another snag" email or notice. This is the WORST customer service I've ever seen! I get that they want to save some shipping costs, but cut us some slack - ship the items separately already! Proactively keep the customer in the loop!

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JEDA!!!!!

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Keep in mind, they're a small company ( about 6 people) who are scrambling to meet demand and fill backorders. They're not Amazon.

Kinda reminds me of Tesla in the communications department huh? :)

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had an amazing response with them. When they first launched the hub, I found the page link before they opened it up. I went on twitter and sent them a DM asking if it was OK for me to order it already. They responded pretty quickly (like less than 10 mins) and said to go for it.

My original wireless pad order was done a few months earlier. I placed an order with the spacer, but they didn't have any at the time. I got my wireless pad shipped with a note saying the spacer would be coming later.

Weeks went by without hearing anything. I went back to twitter and DMd them about the spacer. They turned around within a couple of days and shipped me out the missing spacer.

Even after I got the USB hub, I was having issues where I couldn't charge one of my external batteries so I figured I'd ask them a question. The battery I was using charged via PD (power delivery) and turns out it's a different beast then normal USB C. They helped me figure that out as well. So going out of the way to give me some information on a product that wasn't even their own.

For a small company they are doing an amazing job. I love supporting the small guys especially when they have awesome products (I'm looking at you Jeda USB hub!)

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Typical I want it now mentality. They are not Amazon my man, its a super duper small company making some cool stuff for the Model 3. Trying to run them out of business because your Hub didn't show up today is ridiculous.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a Jeda hub in the first batch. Took a while to arrive, but they give a status on the site, or if you ask them.

I'm really enjoying it—it's one of those products that just disappears into everyday use, which is a good thing.

It replaced a power hub cable I had to allow both phones to charge while using a Sentry drive.

The combination of Jeda hub, the slickly-designed HelloSkyLine adapter (to allow phones with cases to snap in), and a matte-finish wrap are the mods I would advise for any new owner.

(Supposedly in future designs the shiny piano-black console will be eliminated.)

AmpHog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I couldn't be happier with my Jeda products, despite the occasional longer-than expected wait. In my own experience, they've always been very responsive to inquiries. And as others have said, it's a small company; having been in their shoes at one time, I cut them a lot of slack.

This past week Amazon shipped me the wrong product three days in a row. Stuff happens.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Keep in mind, they're a small company ( about 6 people) who are scrambling to meet demand and fill backorders. They're not Amazon.

I keep hearing this but also keep hearing and have experienced a LOT of issues with Jeda myself. I successfully ran an online business myself from 2003-2008. Just me, no partners. My busiest year, 2006, I did almost $400,000US in sales from my home while working a full time "regular" job. Was able to keep up with all orders and even back then, my online store had shipment emails and tracking (sorely lacking on Jeda's part).
I guess the point is, they need to work smarter and perhaps harder. I've given my $.02 to them, offered to pay for the update to their site to allow for shipment tracking and offered to help them with fulfillment. All offers either denied or no reply. I'm not looking to be paid, purely voluntary on my part. Oh well....

PEIEVGUY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I didn't expect to not get a response about my order for so long either. My Jeda pad 2.0 took about 5 weeks to arrive as I assume my order was waaaay down on the list. Once I got the email that it was shipped however, it took about week, which is about what I expected. Like others have said, chalk it up to them being a small operation.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They need to keep customers more in the loop, though, was my beef. I gave them a couple extra weeks and was patient when I finally dug out the reason FROM them. It's about setting expectations. When they didn't meet THAT deadline I really got pissed. I'm a Software Architect and I deal with customers allllll day long, every day. It's about being as good as your word or giving a DAMN good reason WHY - **PROACTIVELY** - without the customer having to come to you and dig it out of you.

Oh, and no Jeda products today, either!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I get it. I wouldn't be happy either(maybe not so much as to tell everyone 'Do not do business with...). Also the 'they're not Amazon' argument is weak. In today's Click-and-get-it-in-2days world it's more important than ever for small companies to be on the ball. I checked their site because I wasn't familiar with their offerings and they look very nice! Sounds like they have a loyal following in the Tesla community also. Any business that helps contribute back should be given a first-look.

However, the customer service issues you describe are unacceptable. Because you're selling a product that is three-times the cost of the rip-off ones you need to make each and every customer feel like a king(or queen). If you're selling more than you thought you would(great problem to have- right?) stop taking new orders until you can hire enough people to meet capacity. Hire someone who sole job is to update customers on order status and field inquiries. We want small businesses to succeed!

MachV

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

this is no excuse. they take money first (CC charge). lead customers on for 45-60 days, then don't deliver. then maybe 6 months later they deliver something that is not as specified. always has something wrong with it. being a 6 person company is no excuse for ripping off people.

MachV

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Typical I want it now mentality. They are not Amazon my man, its a super duper small company making some cool stuff for the Model 3. Trying to run them out of business because your Hub didn't show up today is ridiculous.
need some kind if disagree button.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Personally I waited quite a while for the USB hub but hung in there and thought their reasons for delay were reasonable. I got the hub the other day and am really happy with it, looks stock and works great, very well made. I just waited, didn’t send any email so only 1-way interaction with them. I am happy it eventually got to me. I’m a happy customer.
2d3ea9d1-50ee-412c-bd05-94f4890abba2-jpeg.29525
3bbabdda-cc4b-40a2-9b21-df9c900ebded-jpeg.29526

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
this is no excuse. they take money first (CC charge). lead customers on for 45-60 days, then don't deliver. then maybe 6 months later they deliver something that is not as specified. always has something wrong with it. being a 6 person company is no excuse for ripping off people.

Isn't that what Kickstarter is all about?
Also didn't Tesla kind of do that when you put a deposit down, promise a 35k car, come out with a 50k+ car, then come out with a 35k car only to raise it to 39k.

I bought the wireless one as soon as I got my car, and there was a delay. I was upset with it. I checked the FAQ's sent emails, with little or late replies. In the end I got my product and was thoroughly happy with it. We are all just excited to get a product and want it ASAP.

As someone mentioned earlier, this is a relatively small company and I am sure they are doing their best to provide us with the best product/service they can.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They need to keep customers more in the loop, though, was my beef. I gave them a couple extra weeks and was patient when I finally dug out the reason FROM them. It's about setting expectations. When they didn't meet THAT deadline I really got pissed. I'm a Software Architect and I deal with customers allllll day long, every day. It's about being as good as your word or giving a DAMN good reason WHY - **PROACTIVELY** - without the customer having to come to you and dig it out of you.

Oh, and no Jeda products today, either!

UPDATE - 10/01/19 - 10:48
Still no products in hand, though it seems to be moving by slow boat. So much for the 1-2 business day delivery they promised:

jeda_products__inc____tracking_status__92055902416755000041447293-png.29594

So it seems to have moved across town in 2 business days... not gonna be in TN for 3-5 more days... then another day or two for delivery. This is a **JOKE**!!! The very least they could've done is made good on the 2 day delivery, but they couldn't even do THAT right!