Do Art replica R171wheels needs hub ring to mount?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

VanM3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hi everyone, I am brand new to Tesla model 3 and this forum. Could anyone with R171 wheels experience help answer this question?
I plan to mount snow tires to this wheel, but the tire shop told me hub rings (a plastic adapter placed between the wheels and the hub) are needed, but they do not know the size and they do not have the exact fit ones. Did that happen to you while you do the installation? Thanks for your attention and reply!

Reactions: 1 person

Mad Hungarian

Resident TOO Wheel/Tire Guru
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not that I'm aware of, I believe that model is supposed to be a dedicated, hub-centric fitment for Model 3.
But best to check with the manufacturer (DAI) to be sure.

n33nu

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@VanM3 what is your product SKU? Is it R17118003?

Same thing happened to me as well - wider center bore, about 70mm+ instead of 64.1 - and I am currently in touch with supplier for fix this issue. They are investigating and not heard back yet! For me it looks like a manufacturing defect for a batch for Art replica 171 wheels, but not very sure. Sent email to DAI as well but no answer even after few days!

What did you do to fix this then? Got a hub ring? I believe the other SKU R17118001 would work perfectly and I guess many members got that so have not had same issue that we have. Please let me know what happened in your case.

Thank you

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.