DIY wireless Qi charging pad

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What was your cost to assemble if you don’t mind my asking. In having a hard time with DIY on this one given how clean this looks.... www.teslawirelesspad.com
That is a nice pad and a fair price at $100.

But I just enjoy building my own things.
The Qi pads I bought for $15 each on Amazon. The plastic pad is about $1 in material and 2 hours of my 3D printer time.

Last edited:

Thomas Mikl

Country
Country
You can get a dual coil qi pad with processor and micro usb slot for about 5 bucks on etsy.
Take that and put it under the Tesla provided plastic pad and fix with ultra thin 3M tape (1.50 a roll) to the back so that the micro USB sticks into the Micro USB cable you get from Tesla.

You habe about the same look at that 100 bucks pad for around 10 bucks, which is what I assume that the pad costs that website, so they are ripping off people that do not know how to use tape and etsy...

smak

Country
Country
You can get a dual coil qi pad with processor and micro usb slot for about 5 bucks on etsy.
Take that and put it under the Tesla provided plastic pad and fix with ultra thin 3M tape (1.50 a roll) to the back so that the micro USB sticks into the Micro USB cable you get from Tesla.

You habe about the same look at that 100 bucks pad for around 10 bucks, which is what I assume that the pad costs that website, so they are ripping off people that do not know how to use tape and etsy...
Make 100 of them, and sell them for $20...Easy $1k

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Willing to share any of your gcode files?
Yep, pm me. You just have to agree not to market it. My kid is about to have it manufactured for his non-profit project.
Also you may want to wait for his version which should fit most phones and most Qi chargers. Mine is very specific for my wife's and my phone and our existing chargers.
CJ

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Yep, pm me. You just have to agree not to market it. My kid is about to have it manufactured for his non-profit project.
Also you may want to wait for his version which should fit most phones and most Qi chargers. Mine is very specific for my wife's and my phone and our existing chargers.
CJ
I love what you're doing! Please sign me up for one!