Model 3
Country
Country

Little1er

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Dude! You are the best! These things work perfectly!!

Now if only I could figure out how to get the car on jack stands!!

30cl

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here is my variation of the same thing. Parts are from Menard's except for the puck.
Had to cut the black rubber cylinder to the length of 5/8".

Attachments

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do a group buy with some friends. Also, McMaster-Carr is your friend for literally every fastener ever invented. Pack of 25 for $10.18 USD.

Those bushings are proper OD, with an embedded metal washer. Run a bolt through, counter-sink the bottom side of your puck and finish with a lock-nut and washer. Go grade 8 hardware if you want extra head room.
Did you buy this bushing - specifically part number 9540K35? I'm sure it's just an anomaly, but once you put it in your car, the picture shows a busing with a tapered top, but I know the specs say otherwise. Curious if you'd actually purchased and had tested these? Thanks.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My version of the puck jack pad. Puck, plywood, dowel and single 2" screw.
My jack is a heavy duty so it needed a bit more height. 1/2" plywood circle, then puck then 15/16" diameter dowel for centring. Keep your centring dowel short or it will bottom out. Mine is 5/8" tall.

img_20181005_130041-jpg.15545

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does your jack fit under the car with that pad?
Mine doesn't - I need to get a new low-profile jack.
My version of the puck jack pad. Puck, plywood, dowel and single 2" screw.
My jack is a heavy duty so it needed a bit more height. 1/2" plywood circle, then puck then 15/16" diameter dowel for centring. Keep your centring dowel short or it will bottom out. Mine is 5/8" tall.

View attachment 15545 View attachment 15545 View attachment 15546 View attachment 15547 View attachment 15548

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Great tips everyone! I ended up using Autodesk TinkerCAD to make a little cylinder with a sunken hole for a washer and a hole for a screw to pass all the way through. I printed it with 50% infil out of PLA plastic. It is just for alignment and is not a load bearing part. Then I screwed it into some $2 rubber hockey pucks and wrapped the edges of the plastic in electrical tape. I tested out out and it worked great.

tinkercad-png.16362

img_6167-jpg.16363

Tmo6

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My 10 min creation from Dicks and Home Depot... $3.45 per jack pad. Screw the stoppers down until the diameter bulge gets to about 1 1/4”. But I haven't actually jacked up the car with them yet!

Attachments

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Kudos to all of you do-it-yourselfers!

For those who don't want to spend their time and money sourcing parts that may or may not work perfectly, forum member No-Petro has offered a quick and affordable solution. I just received a set of four of his version 2 jack pads and posted a short review here:

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/review-of-ver-2-no-petro-jack-pads.9412/

They have a perfect fit!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here are some pics I took awhile back for someone else making them.

View attachment 10753 View attachment 10754 View attachment 10755
Those aren't large enough. You want something with a 1" diameter.
I was going by these measurements by LUXMAN, the stub seems to be 7/8” - 15/16” in width and 5/8” in depth. Also for me I don’t mind a slightly looser fitting one because to me they are more like guide pins. More of the weight is going to be bearing down on the hockey puck itself instead of the pins.

When I am jacking up my mazda 6 using a customized adapter and I actually prefer some play in the adapter to help with the movement of the jack as the car is jacked up.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
When I am jacking up my mazda 6 using a customized adapter and I actually prefer some play in the adapter to help with the movement of the jack as the car is jacked up.
It's much better if the jack pads are self-retaining so you can pop them into the bottom of the car and then align the jack to the jack pad. Easier to use and less chance of mistakes that way.