Discount on Demonstrators?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Ormond

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Has anyone purchased a demonstrator? I am looking at a Model 3 Performance that is a demonstrator model. The only incentive offered to me at this time is 25 cents a mile, which isn't much for a car with 900 miles.

I don't know if you can compare to the nice discounts on Models X or S. Please let me know your thoughts or experience.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's won't any Model 3 demos, let alone performance models, for sale for a long time... You're better off with a used Model S if you want a discount

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's won't any Model 3 demos, let alone performance models, for sale for a long time... You're better off with a used Model S if you want a discount
There are, at least some, being sold now to boost the end of quarter numbers.
I thought I read somewhere that the push for a crazy Q3 included all cars at all showrooms are for sale.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone purchased a demonstrator? I am looking at a Model 3 Performance that is a demonstrator model. The only incentive offered to me at this time is 25 cents a mile, which isn't much for a car with 900 miles.
Wow, that's essentially no discount at all. Oh well, I'm sure everyone really babied it over those 900 miles.:rolleyes: They should offer a discount per launch, not per mile!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, that's essentially no discount at all. Oh well, I'm sure everyone really babied it over those 900 miles.:rolleyes: They should offer a discount per launch, not per mile!
That’s a good point. I abused the performance car I had overnight and put $25 worth of discount miles on it :D

Ormond

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I decided against buying a demonstrator and probably won't buy an inventory Model 3 by the end of the week. My last delivery (Model X) was such a pleasure and i don't want to spoil my delivery memories.

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They’re definitely selling demos and have been since at least last weekend. We walked into the Short Hills NJ location today and all the showroom cars were gone and sold. To me - the $2k off RWDs with a couple hundred miles wasn’t worth it ($2k was off the current price, not the configured price many of us locked in before paint and destination/doc fee increases)

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One would think - but I can tell you that a demo with 1500 miles on it that I looked at (blue / RWD) was $1500 off list and was only $5k cheaper than my MSM AWD configured back in June. I backdoor'd the math when I was looking at the computer and wasn't getting the starting price of $56k for a blue, rwd with autopilot ($49k starting price, $5k autopilot, $1k color and $1k delivery fee).

At the end of the day, we wanted to stick with AWD and there were no non-P's available. The P's were discounted, but they were all fully loaded and the $1500 off the additional $15k wasn't worth it for us.