Disappointed about FSD each time Elon Tweets

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That's my thought as well. It does Tesla no good to take back a 3 year old used car, refurb it and re-sell it. Just let them keep it at whatever market value it has (assuming they want to).
This makes sense but would someone pay $48,800 for a 2018 Long Range Model 3 with FSD with 45,000 miles after they paid 3 years of lease payments?

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This makes sense but would someone pay $48,800 for a 2018 Long Range Model 3 with FSD with 45,000 miles after they paid 3 years of lease payments?
Past lease payments should have no bearing on the decision. FMV should be the only consideration.

shareef777

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

I'd imagine a bulk of people that opted for a lease in the first place did so that they can get a new vehicle every 3 years. So regardless of brand, most leasers would return their vehicle anyway.

Tesla's original plan was to take these vehicles and use them for a robotaxi fleet. That's not happening anytime soon and I doubt that they're going to toss lease returns to the side to wait for the robotaxi dream to come to fruition. The only other logical step is to resell the vehicles (like what most traditional dealers do) and offering the original buyers the option to just keep the vehicle would probably be a cheaper option then taking them back and having to refurb them.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I’m wondering when it will really be available to us? 2-3 weeks for the button, maybe? Then there’s talk about rolling it out slowly “for safety”. How is that going to be done? How will we qualify for the button to work? How will they choose?
Here is the answer:

757B1160-0513-42DC-AE1C-7E9FD2618EFB.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: francoisp

Bigriver

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
So people paid $10k for FSD and "dad" needs to assess that they've been good boys and girls before giving them permission to use it. LOL
It is more than a little ironic that a person’s driving behavior influences when they get the capability for the car to drive itself. Logically, it would make more sense to give it to the bad drivers first. 🤨 I get that the driver is still in charge and will need to be ready to intervene, but a “good driver” (presumably one who limits acceleration, speed, and sudden stops?) is able to monitor better?

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is beta in the true sense. It's not done and will likely make unsafe moves. I think it's cool they let people use stuff before its done but there is definite risk in doing so. Rest assured you can resume complaining it's not done when the button comes out and think carefully before hitting that button. There is a reason it's going to be a button and not just rolled out to everyone. :)

shareef777

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is beta in the true sense. It's not done and will likely make unsafe moves. I think it's cool they let people use stuff before its done but there is definite risk in doing so. Rest assured you can resume complaining it's not done when the button comes out and think carefully before hitting that button. There is a reason it's going to be a button and not just rolled out to everyone. :)

If they think it's cool to take peoples money before it's done, they better feel the same way about letting people try it.