Didn’t the silver metallic get nicer...? ;-)

What do you think of the silver?

• It's always nice

Votes: 124 67.8%
  • It's nice under the right lighting

Votes: 30 16.4%
  • It's nice in real life but not in pictures

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • It's ugly

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • It's nice in pictures but not in real life

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What tint did you get on your windows? Have issues with police pulling you over? I find them staring me down when I pass them. Haven't done tint...yet.
It's 40% ceramic....click on the Llumar link in my signature for more pix. In NJ it's hit or miss, lived in Bergen, Middlesex, Union and now Hunterdon County and in about 9+ years of front tinted windows I was ticketed once ($54) on a previous car on a cloudy day. I sit next to LEO's all day around here and they don't care...I'm also not running a front plate. ;) Don't go darker than about 35% and you SHOULD be OK.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I thought with no new silver 3's coming out, this thread deserved a revival. Here's a pic with my summer wheels (now that spring has finally arrived).

2019-04-19 11.07.22.jpg

... and a pic with my winter (aero) wheels next to a snow pile. Yes, my rear wheels are full of snow, which can cause a vibration at highway speed.

2019-02-08 15.30.02.jpg

Last edited:

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks sweet with the tint. I haven't tinted mine yet. Glad it will look so nice!
Thanks! I went 30 back sides and 50 front sides. Although these pics don't show it, I think I should have gone 30 in the front sides as well. FWIW, I have the white interior. I also think I need a little for the roof over the front seats. I certainly don't need 30 there, but maybe 50? I just want it a little darker.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure what's going on in the back window, reflection of parking lot lights maybe? You can see the front windows are a lot lighter than the back. FWIW, this was a 6:30 am picture.

2019-04-30 06.20.08.jpg