Did you select "Advanced" Software Update Preference?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

What did you select?

• Total voters

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Net is, this is not better that before. Had it been, I would expect most of us, who are existed to get the latest and greatest would roughly get it the same time. I think Elon is doing some expermentation on us and it seems to be working ...
I have Advanced selected and I'm still one of the ~4% stuck on 2019.20.4.2. :eek:

@MelindaV recently conducted a poll designed to determine whether selecting Advanced or having FSD made a difference in whether you were upgraded to 20.4.4 and 24.4, and IIRC the early results showed that neither really made a difference.

It may be possible that the Advanced switch is just a data-collecting mechanism for now, to get an idea for how many people would prefer one over the other, and how that preference varies by location / vehicle / configuration / etc. Why this would matter, and why they would need to run this test for multiple months, are two questions I cannot answer.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you've ever toured the retired Air Force One from the 1970's that they have in Seattle's Museum of Flight, you may remember that they added a temperature control for then VP Johnson who always complained about it. "Finally!" he said when they installed it.

It wasn't connected to anything.