Did you order a vanity plate? If so, show us!!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Haven't received them yet, but I ordered my username as my license plate. Will post pictures when I get them!

Tom Hudson

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I could have sworn I posted this before in this thread but don't see it now -- Here is our "GO EV" plate for the Model 3, the same plate we've had on our Solectria Force EV since 1997 -- carrying on the tradition! Mounted on a Sto-N-Sho, which I really like.

Our Electric Chevy S-10 (Solectria E-10) has "LECTRUK".

McHoffa

EV.network
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So that plate was issued to you and then taken away and you had to appeal and wait 9 months to get it back? If so, what was the reason given -- the use of Elon's name?
Didn’t know you can’t transfer a plate from one car to car in spouse’s name. DMV person in April said it had to expire (August) before it could be registered in the other name but I could keep the plate. Waited and after it expired I tried to register it but it wasn’t available still. Called DMV and they said “You let it expire? Now you have to wait 90 days before it’s released. You should have relinquished it and then registered it in April”

Waited again and December 1 it was available. Went to tag office to register it. No problem. Then she tossed the plate in the discard pile. I said I needed that plate and she got an attitude and said “No you have to have a new plate made. It will be mailed to you in 6-8 weeks”

RatThings

Country
Country
This is a BEFORE picture from after winning Polar Vortex week. I was one of very few people who not only got to work those two bad days, but was there on time.

Fellow Wisconsinites, did you know you can check the availability of Personalized Plates online and “If you wish to just reserve the plates at this time, leave the Vehicle Information section blank and check box Reserve Only (Plates will be reserved for 2 years only).”? https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/formdocs/mv2428.pdf

e27ae902-6e3a-4bf3-96fa-449a5af401aa-jpeg.21461
9dec0e78-faa1-4ca1-9e5a-3c2d266d9706-jpeg.21463

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Didn’t know you can’t transfer a plate from one car to car in spouse’s name. DMV person in April said it had to expire (August) before it could be registered in the other name but I could keep the plate. Waited and after it expired I tried to register it but it wasn’t available still. Called DMV and they said “You let it expire? Now you have to wait 90 days before it’s released. You should have relinquished it and then registered it in April”

Waited again and December 1 it was available. Went to tag office to register it. No problem. Then she tossed the plate in the discard pile. I said I needed that plate and she got an attitude and said “No you have to have a new plate made. It will be mailed to you in 6-8 weeks”
Ah, the joys of dealing with DMVs everywhere.

RatThings

Country
Country
This is a BEFORE picture from after winning Polar Vortex week. I was one of very few people who not only got to work those two bad days, but was there on time.

Fellow Wisconsinites, did you know you can check the availability of Personalized Plates online and “If you wish to just reserve the plates at this time, leave the Vehicle Information section blank and check box Reserve Only (Plates will be reserved for 2 years only).”? https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/formdocs/mv2428.pdf

View attachment 21461 View attachment 21463
Here is an AFTER picture.

Took advantage of the weather to do a full interior clean too. Today’s high was 41F, just four short days after the high was -15F. Going to pay to be highly weather flexible in the future.

Attachments

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We had -33°F (actual temp, not wind chill) when I left for work last week and I was the first one to work all week. How come you got an award and I didn't?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I originally (first weekend of April 2016) came up with a list of plate options, then checked Washington's DOL site and crossed out those already taken. One was "Model3". (again, within 2 days of the initial reveal).
This week on the way to work, "Model3", a white Model 3 was next to me on the freeway ;)
sat next to this car again this morning - was "Tesla 3" not "Model 3"
img_1883-jpg.21626

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
When we picked up our Model 3, we randomly got a license plate of KWH-1788. It was like the cherry on top to get kWh, but 1788 meant nothing to us. So we ordered our first vanity plate to slightly improve things. We can now remember the license plate number and feel rather stealth about it being a vanity plate.

BTW I’ve really enjoyed this thread and the creativity of all of you out there.