Did it...Front license plate

OrangeJulius

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What they should do instead for front plate requiring states is develop a license plate "sticker" than can conform to the original shape of the bumper...
Not realistically possible. Front plate needs to be legible at at distance and from different angles. The front end shapes of vehicles vary so widely that a "sticker" that met these requirements on one model would not work on any others.

ölbrenner

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Torklift makes non-drill non-stick front license plate holders for other Teslas, and is currently developing an M3 (before mods jump on me...this abbreviation for Model 3 is actually used on this site) front plate solution. I will be waiting for that.

FYI agree front plate will do zip in range degradation. If it were in the back near the hatch separation area, that would probably be a whole different story.

Robert Pickel

Country
Country
Nice! But hnnnnghhh.... I really want to nudge the front plate up a bit so the last two inches aren’t hanging below the edge of the bumper. :p Darn these front plates getting in the way of aesthetics!
And to add insult to injury, those awful cheesy California HOV lane stickers on each bumper! You have the Beverly Hillbillies-mobile before you know what hit you! (Can't believe that California, of all states, would come up with something like that!)

SoCal Cal

Country
Country

Brian 33

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Which model did you order since they don't list anything for Tesla? I'm assuming this screws in where the tow hook would go? Thanks.
I would contact them by email. You need the correct tow eye connection, 2" extension arm and maybe a felt pad. I was the guinea pig and this is what I received over three shipments. They know what works now and can make a custom order.

m3neko

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
The factory plate holder for the facelifted Model S has the best design (although all front plate holders are unsightly IMO); it uses double-sided tape to attach to the face of the bumper cover, and then wraps around with a couple hidden screws. This design allows for clean removal if you ever change your mind or sell the car to someone that doesn't need a front plate - plus no drilling!

Scrutmonkey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Found a front plate holder that does not block the sensors. Make sure you get the 2" extension arm. It is well made and can be removed when showing the car.
https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-platypus-license-plate-mount-1/

View attachment 6446
Could you take a few more pics of the connection and how close it is to the body? Also, did you remove the tow eye cover then? if you did then, where do the two Frunk emergency 12v connectors rest; just tucked inside the bumper?

thanks for the help.

Brian 33

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Could you take a few more pics of the connection and how close it is to the body? Also, did you remove the tow eye cover then? if you did then, where do the two Frunk emergency 12v connectors rest; just tucked inside the bumper?

thanks for the help.
Yes the tow eye cover comes out and the 12v wires are tucked in there.

They sent a few rubber stickers. I needed one where the extension arm touched the front of the car. The others I placed on the back side of the plate mount. This way when I take it off I will not scratch the car. Sorry not the best photos.

img_9321-png.7488
img_9322-png.7489

kataleen

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Brian 33, did you have any issues with the proximity sensors after installing this mount? I heard some people having to pull/push the mount slightly out of shape in order to clear the sensors. Tx