DFW Area: Would you test my 40A UMC please?

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
DFW folks,
@LUXMAN @Quicksilver @Karlsays @plankeye @KGTES @Fan#1 @NIGHTHAWK017 @GDN @Magma @geoffreak @Steve Liu@Profblock @JOUL3S @TheHambledon @OMGchad @350VDC @tex_model_3 @agastya @hamtonp @littlelibo @tfederov@titan0801 @Dr. J @chelore565 @jdkyle @ronmis @breadfan35 @actorps1 [COLOR=rgb(39, 38, 36)]@buck3ts[/COLOR] @zkmusa @jtk00l

I bought a S/X-style Tesla UMC that is supposed to charge at 40A, but I have neither my car nor my charging setup yet. It would be nice to know that it works, as it comes from a private seller (on another forum) without warranty other than a personal promise.

Could I impose on someone to borrow it after arrives (on Monday) to test it out? Ideally, you would use it once for your nightly charge and note the results. Ideally, you would have a NEMA 14-50 setup with proper wiring for using 40A.

I would drop off and pick up the charger at your convenience, and also buy you lunch, make a small donation to your favorite charity, or something similar. Any takers? Thanks.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hey @Dr. J, I would love to but unfortunately, I have a NEMA 14-30 outlet that was set up when I had the Volt. Hopefully someone can oblige. Take care!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi @Dr. J
I would also like to help out but I have a 6-50 outlet since I am using the charger that came with my Leaf and it does double duty.
Sorry :(

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Dr J, I have a nema 14-50 installed and am currently using the tesla mobile connector that came with my car. Send me a private message and we can set something up.
-Jeff

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Dr J, I have a nema 14-50 installed and am currently using the tesla mobile connector that came with my car. Send me a private message and we can set something up.
-Jeff
Will do, Jeff!