Design changes desired

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Dr. E

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Just a plea for use of sideview cameras to replace physical outside mirrors. The displays of always on sideview cameras on either side of the dash is preferred due to wider field of view without blind spots - a safety boon.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Agreed with the other replies - this is a legislation issue, not a manufacturer issue. You'll notice Roadster2.0 and Semi technically don't have mirrors...The tech is there.

sandange

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A few suggestions/ ideas
1) Agree for cameras to replace mirrors
could all be located on 1 screen where the windshield mirror is now.

For Long Distance travelers who need to stretch their legs while on autopilot
2) Would like the left foot dead pedal (foot rest) to be fold up or easily removed.
3) Also a space to the right of the Go pedal to stretch your right leg.

Drivers seat comfort adjustment -
Would like to have the drivers seat bottom (Not the side bolstering)
to be Height/Depth adjustable to alleviate side pressure on outer thighs from side bolstering wedge effect. One size does not fit all.
Not everyone want to pull huge G forces while cornering , especially when on a long road trip.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A few suggestions/ ideas
1) Agree for cameras to replace mirrors
could all be located on 1 screen where the windshield mirror is now.

For Long Distance travelers who need to stretch their legs while on autopilot
2) Would like the left foot dead pedal (foot rest) to be fold up or easily removed.
3) Also a space to the right of the Go pedal to stretch your right leg.

Drivers seat comfort adjustment -
Would like to have the drivers seat bottom (Not the side bolstering)
to be Height/Depth adjustable to alleviate side pressure on outer thighs from side bolstering wedge effect. One size does not fit all.
Not everyone want to pull huge G forces while cornering , especially when on a long road trip.
Wait, you're complaining about too much side bolstering on the bottom cushion?

sandange

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wait, you're complaining about too much side bolstering on the bottom cushion?
I would like to be very clear -
I'm Not complaining -
I'm trying to contribute my experiences to help better or make improvements.
I'm replying to the postings title - Design changes desired

I'm referring to the flat area of the bottom cushion to be height adjustable
( Like a Lumbar support for the bottom cushion) so that those of us with a wider or heavier frame do not feel like we're being wedged in by the bottom cushion side bolstering.
I do a lot of mileage & presently have a cushion I place on my drivers seat to raise me up higher This helps me from me sinking in deep and causing (the wedge effect) pressure on the outside of my thighs.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would like to be very clear -
I'm Not complaining -
I'm trying to contribute my experiences to help better or make improvements.
I'm replying to the postings title - Design changes desired

I'm referring to the flat area of the bottom cushion to be height adjustable
( Like a Lumbar support for the bottom cushion) so that those of us with a wider or heavier frame do not feel like we're being wedged in by the bottom cushion side bolstering.
I do a lot of mileage & presently have a cushion I place on my drivers seat to raise me up higher This helps me from me sinking in deep and causing (the wedge effect) pressure on the outside of my thighs.
I didn't mean to characterize your post as "complaining". Bad way to put it on my part.

I'm just surprised to hear that this is an issue for you. As a gentleman of larger frame myself, I am familiar with the issue, however the seats in the 3 have so little bolstering that I'm surprised to hear that it is for you. I wasn't sure if I was reading your post right but it seems like I am.

Also, I've sat in a lot of seats and never heard of an adjustment as you say. But I have seen adjustable bottom cushion outer bolsters, particularly on the 18 way seats on modern Porsches. Suspect that would help you out.

sandange

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not a problem , no offense taken,
There have been as few other posts I've seen where some would like room to the left and right of the pedals to be able to stretch a leg on long trips with Autopilot engaged.
Someone already removed the dead pedal on the left foot area and gained some room.
Others have ended up with seat cushion to help with seating comfort.