Dent Repair on Door Crease (Anyone have something like this repaired?)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Over the weekend I got these two dents, I got quoted $125 to fix them plus a 3rd dent on my fender caused by a Walnut tree.
The fender is steel while the door is aluminium. The guy told me there is a good chance the paint could crack on the door, is it worth it? The dents really aren't that deep / big. Anyone else have something like this repaired?
img_2328-jpg.16511

Last edited:

Jason F

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would go for it. Those dings would bother me. Looks like someone opened their door into you.

Country
Country
I would go for it. Those dings would bother me. Looks like someone opened their door into you.
Thanks for reminding me to update. I went yesterday to have these "repaired". Prices were very reasonable. Would had been $100 for both on the door and $50 for the fender. Unfortually due to the side impact support, he wasn't able to get his tool/s in the right spot to push enough to get it out. The doors are aluminum as well so he has to be extra carful not to push too hard because he could make it worse. The fender was 95% gone, but in the right lighting close up, could see a little mark so he charged me $30.

Image of door support frame.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Over the weekend I got these two dents, I got quoted $125 to fix them plus a 3rd dent on my fender caused by a Walnut tree.
The fender is steel while the door is aluminium. The guy told me there is a good chance the paint could crack on the door, is it worth it? The dents really aren't that deep / big. Anyone else have something like this repaired?
View attachment 16511

Ah Man! Sorry to see that! I had a similar situation on an 04 Taurus. I had it taken care of at the Dealer since I got the person's info after their kid swung their door into mine while I was sitting in the car.
It was about $750 to fix since they had to take the door apart to fix it and repaint. I think you are looking at something similar to get it fixed. Have you contacted the Charlotte Service Center to see if they have the new Tesla Body Shop? They are trying for quick turnarounds, so if they have a shop, maybe a day trip....

Country
Country

Ah Man! Sorry to see that! I had a similar situation on an 04 Taurus. I had it taken care of at the Dealer since I got the person's info after their kid swung their door into mine while I was sitting in the car.
It was about $750 to fix since they had to take the door apart to fix it and repaint. I think you are looking at something similar to get it fixed. Have you contacted the Charlotte Service Center to see if they have the new Tesla Body Shop? They are trying for quick turnarounds, so if they have a shop, maybe a day trip....
The door situation was an accident with a friend and his Model 3. Damn you wind! He was going to pay for it, but not worth the hassle for his sake or mine on repainting the door. Fortunately his was unscathed, but damn did it hit hard. I'm surprised the dents weren't a lot larger to be honest.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The door situation was an accident with a friend and his Model 3. Damn you wind! He was going to pay for it, but not worth the hassle for his sake or mine on repainting the door. Fortunately his was unscathed, but damn did it hit hard. I'm surprised the dents weren't a lot larger to be honest.
Ah. Man that hurts. I am sure he feels bad. I think he owes you at least Chicken Wings and Beer for being a good friend

Rocco Speranza

Country
Country

Wanted to add this photo I saw. Keeping info for others that happen to get dents. You can see supports really close to the door. Not sure the door things I got are repairable any other way besides repainting.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Wanted to add this photo I saw. Keeping info for others that happen to get dents. You can see supports really close to the door. Not sure the door things I got are repairable any other way besides repainting.
That just makes me sad :worried: