Denmark & EVs: what is cooking

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Welcome to M3OC, Laurent! Looks like you were quick on the ball amongst us Europeans! Well done! ;)
Anyways, hope you have a chance to browse through key threads of most interest to you, lots of good stuff!
Also, trust you know the excellent YouTube videos our founder @TrevP together with @Kennethbokor regularly post to keep us all informed & patiently dealing with this long though fully worthwhile wait...? If not, I highly recommend them to you! Sincerely, Michael
P.S. Are you French, or merely of French origin? :)
Hi Michael,

Thank you. Actually I live in Denmark but I am French. The issue is that Denmark are taxing again EVs since the beginning of this year and by 2018 there will be 65 % tax on all EVs which doesn´t make sense to me, especially for a land like Denmark which promote a lot sustainable energy, for example Wind+sun will provide more than 50% of energy for Denmark in 2020. So, when hopefully I will get my model 3, I will have to pay 65 % tax. I hope by this time that Denmark will remove the tax at least on small EVs like Model 3. We will see.
Happy to have joined the forum.
Regard,
Laurent

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hi Michael,

Thank you. Actually I live in Denmark but I am French. The issue is that Denmark are taxing again EVs since the beginning of this year and by 2018 there will be 65 % tax on all EVs which doesn´t make sense to me, especially for a land like Denmark which promote a lot sustainable energy, for example Wind+sun will provide more than 50% of energy for Denmark in 2020. So, when hopefully I will get my model 3, I will have to pay 65 % tax. I hope by this time that Denmark will remove the tax at least on small EVs like Model 3. We will see.
Happy to have joined the forum.
Regard,
Laurent
Merci, Laurent, je m'en doutais! ;) Moi-même suis de langue maternelle et futur Béarnais d'adoption d'ici mi-2018! :)

Will continue in English for all those who don't understand the language of (the famous 17rh century play writer) Molière...
Crazy situation you're describing in Denmark, so completely at odds with what is happening in neighbor Norway?! What is the reason for Danish authorities to do so? It's not as if they have a local ICE car industry of substance (if at all!) to protect...!!

I sure hope for you they will come to their senses within the next couple of years! Otherwise... not sure if a return to France is conceivable?

Anyways, encore bienvenue/welcome and 'Bonne journée!'

Merci, Laurent, je m'en doutais! ;) Moi-même suis de langue maternelle et futur Béarnais d'adoption d'ici mi-2018! :)

Will continue in English for all those who don't understand the language of (the famous 17rh century play writer) Molière...
Crazy situation you're describing in Denmark, so completely at odds with what is happening in neighbor Norway?! What is the reason for Danish authorities to do so? It's not as if they have a local ICE car industry of substance (if at all!) to protect...!!

I sure hope for you they will come to their senses within the next couple of years! Otherwise... not sure if a return to France is conceivable?

Anyways, encore bienvenue/welcome and 'Bonne journée!'
Bonjour Michael,

Sorry for my late reply. Nous habitons donc pas loin l´un de l´autre puisque je suis originaire de Lourdes.
I hope that Denmark wiil make a change to the tax on EVs when the model 3 will come. The taxation of EVs in 2016 are really affecting EVs sales in Denmark as you can see on the graph bellow:

It doesn´t make sense to me. I actually had a chat via twitter with the Minister for Finance of Denmark (Kristian Jensen) about this matter and his argument made me laugh!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Bonjour Michael,

Sorry for my late reply. Nous habitons donc pas loin l´un de l´autre puisque je suis originaire de Lourdes.
I hope that Denmark wiil make a change to the tax on EVs when the model 3 will come. The taxation of EVs in 2016 are really affecting EVs sales in Denmark as you can see on the graph bellow:

It doesn´t make sense to me. I actually had a chat via twitter with the Minister for Finance of Denmark (Kristian Jensen) about this matter and his argument made me laugh!

Bonsoir, Laurent. Ah, Lourdes, en effet! :)
Hope Danish authorities will come to their senses & bravo for challenging Jensen!
Does your graph suggest the Smart had the lion's share of Danish EV registrations?
Take care, Mike