Delivery (Timeline + Experience) & Roadtrip: SF to O.C

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I compiled a video showcasing my delivery timeline and experience along with my first roadtrip from SF to O.C. If you guys have any questions please let me know. Did anyone else experience slow supercharging?
That’s a great video! Even though I need no supercharging to get home from delivery in my neck of the woods, I would like to do something like what you did and loop around and test things out!

Country
Country
Fine video -- very informative... thanks for posting!
I was wondering if you have any figures on your energy consumption for the trip as a whole? And if so, what your typical speed range was?
You mentioned $13 total charging expense, which at California rates of .20 / kWh would be 65kWh, but that probably doesn't account for the battery being lower at the end than at the beginning, right?
I'm especially interested since you have the aero wheels -- this might shed some light on their range potential for a trip like that.

K-MTG

Country
Country
Fine video -- very informative... thanks for posting!
I was wondering if you have any figures on your energy consumption for the trip as a whole? And if so, what your typical speed range was?
You mentioned $13 total charging expense, which at California rates of .20 / kWh would be 65kWh, but that probably doesn't account for the battery being lower at the end than at the beginning, right?
I'm especially interested since you have the aero wheels -- this might shed some light on their range potential for a trip like that.
My energy usage was 240...was driving at 75-80.

I left with a 100% range from the hotel (313)...and arrived home with 40 miles (I recall). So 65 kWh sounds about right.