Delivery Scheduled

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Congrats!
This goes along with what I expected. They're squeezing all the deliveries in the last week to fluff their final week of the quarter "production" numbers.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Congrats!
This goes along with what I expected. They're squeezing all the deliveries in the last week to fluff their final week of the quarter "production" numbers.
Nope, fake news! In Tesla's defense, they wanted to schedule ASAP, but I asked for 12/27 because of the upcoming holidays. All they had left was 6:30 PM, which was too late for me, so I asked for 12/26 at 6:30 PM instead and they accommodated me.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Nope, fake news! In Tesla's defense, they wanted to schedule ASAP, but I asked for 12/27 because of the upcoming holidays. All they had left was 6:30 PM, which was too late for me, so I asked for 12/26 at 6:30 PM instead and they accommodated me.
Great! So we should expect to see a bunch of non-employee deliveries this week also! I'll be interested to see what UI version the cars are delivered with.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Congrats!
Well technically these late deliveries have nothing to do with Q4 production, but I agree they are trying to deliver as many as they can in 2017.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting ... plan on 60-90 minutes. I remember when back when they talked about aiming to get that down to 5-10 minutes.

At 90 minutes per — unless this is done in a group this could become a bottleneck with volume production.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Interesting ... plan on 60-90 minutes. I remember when back when they talked about aiming to get that down to 5-10 minutes.

At 90 minutes per — unless this is done in a group this could become a bottleneck with volume production.
Delivery logistics scare me more than production at this point, in terms of impact on my window.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Delivery logistics scare me more than production at this point, in terms of impact on my window.
Once my car arrives there is nothing getting in my way of the car. Delivery can take 5 seconds for all I care... I’ll just let them know if I see any paint defects/dents. Otherwise key card and I’m out.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Once my car arrives there is nothing getting in my way of the car. Delivery can take 5 seconds for all I care... I’ll just let them know if I see any paint defects/dents. Otherwise key card and I’m out.
It sounded like they have delivery schedules, so it’s not up to you how long you get on the calendar. The only slots still available on 12/26 and 12/27 were at 6:30 pm. No other times were available.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It sounded like they have delivery schedules, so it’s not up to you how long you get on the calendar. The only slots still available on 12/26 and 12/27 were at 6:30 pm. No other times were available.
yeah, this is my concern. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have the whole "new car experience" and all since I haven't bought a brand new car for a looooooong time, and I'd happily forgo all of that just to get it over with sooner… but it's not up to us.

But really, the bigger problem is how long it's taking them to get cars from the lots to the delivery centers already. Someone either here or at TMC (can't remember which) saw his car in like 3 separate videos from someone perving in the holding lot at Fremont, and he was just sitting around waiting to be told when he could pick it up.