Delivery Postponed Again

gilscales

Country
Country
After a long wait of 7 weeks from configuring to Vin assignment and a few more days to hear from my DS we had arranged for delivery on 4/23 at the Costa Mesa delivery center, a few days before the delivery day I was informed that 4/23 was to busy as they had double booked and some appointments were even triple booked so we set up for 4/24.

Got a call a couple of hours ago that the car was supposed to be on a truck that arrived on Sunday and that he was informed 20 minutes earlier that the truck would be late so they would like to reschedule me for 4/30, I told him I'm out of town then until 5/6 and thats when he said "well we will try to get more info as to when the car is arriving and maybe we will know more in a couple of days and I have to call a bunch of people as this is affecting a lot of deliveries"

Sells like B.S. to me, I really hope there is not something seriously wrong with the car?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I would be surprised if they were being dishonest with you.. It seems like typical Tesla logistical issues to me.
The positive way to look at it is that they’re pumping many more cars out now!! However, I understand your frustration, @gilscales .... They obviously still need to gear up to handle so many car deliveries in any given time.
Trust that should happen soon.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Just to add to your ease of mind, Tesla has no trouble informing their clients that something happened to the car upon arrival at the service center. Rocks chips, misalignment, any cosmetic damages or mechanical issues, they will ensure it is 100% before even sending the car out to you. You will never get this type of honesty and service from any other car manufacturers.

OrangeJulius

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to add to your ease of mind, Tesla has no trouble informing their clients that something happened to the car upon arrival at the service center. Rocks chips, misalignment, any cosmetic damages or mechanical issues, they will ensure it is 100% before even sending the car out to you. You will never get this type of honesty and service from any other car manufacturers.
Posts in other threads would indicate otherwise (or were you being sarcastic?)

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Posts in other threads would indicate otherwise (or were you being sarcastic?)
No I was not being sarcastic. Tesla service centers really want to make sure you get a 5 star experience and if other service centers aren't providing you with the best (being reasonable of course) then that is an issue. Of course it is extremely hectic for them but they are trying their best to fulfill every customers needs.