Delivery Location: Action Required email. How to resolve?

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A few hours after configuring, I received an email "Next Steps for Your Model 3 Delivery" that states "Delivery Location. Status: Action Required". However, when I click on the link it just takes me to my account page, and I can't find anywhere to confirm the delivery location. My reservation shows "Your delivery profile is complete" and has links to edit the other stuff, like registration, but not delivery location. I did enter my delivery address during configuration when prompted, but it was odd that they proposed home delivery when I live just 8 miles from a service center.

Does anyone know how to resolve this online, or is the answer simply to call Tesla?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A few hours after configuring, I received an email "Next Steps for Your Model 3 Delivery" that states "Delivery Location. Status: Action Required". However, when I click on the link it just takes me to my account page, and I can't find anywhere to confirm the delivery location. My reservation shows "Your delivery profile is complete" and has links to edit the other stuff, like registration, but not delivery location. I did enter my delivery address during configuration when prompted, but it was odd that they proposed home delivery when I live just 8 miles from a service center.

Does anyone know how to resolve this online, or is the answer simply to call Tesla?
View attachment 10880
I picked the delivery center when first ordering, but haven't seen it since (not that I need to edit, but just weird that I think it's the only 'prep for delivery' thing that isn't listed on the account page.
my trade-in and payment (outside loan) both are stuck saying 'pending' though :/

DaisyB

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got the same email message and can’t find any place to confirm. Hope this isn’t a problem for delivery. I live about 8 miles from my delivery center.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@DaisyB, just curious, were you able to pick the delivery center when ordering, or did it ask you to enter your home address for delivery like it did for me?

DaisyB

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
To be honest I was so excited to order that I don’t remember! I think it entered the service center and I confirmed it but I’m not entirely sure.

DR61

Country
Country
I got the same email as Long Ranger after configuration. I believe I selected Rocklin, CA during config but the email made me wonder. No way to confirm from the screens now. I'm not really worried about it as they have my address and Rocklin is the closest delivery center. I could also take Fremont without problems.

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also responded to a screen asking to confirm delivery location as I sped through configuration :D

I later got an email asking for that but also some items I had already completed, so somewhat ignored the email, assuming it was an automated sent as my info was processed. Given this thread I went back to click through from it but it just leads to my account/contact info now. So I’m assuming all’s well. You could call if you want them to check...

Last edited:

slacker775

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked the delivery center when first ordering, but haven't seen it since (not that I need to edit, but just weird that I think it's the only 'prep for delivery' thing that isn't listed on the account page.
my trade-in and payment (outside loan) both are stuck saying 'pending' though :/
Same. Those are pending for me and I don’t have any order agreement email or doc on that page, just the lemon law doc. My edit link went away yesterday however so I’m hoping I hear from an ISA in the next few days. With the quarter end and the holiday, that could put a bit of a wrinkle in things though, which just adds to more anxious waiting.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I did call Tesla yesterday, and they told me not to worry about the Delivery Locaton: Action Required email. They confirmed that my account shows Seattle delivery, and also emphasized that any order details can be worked out with the ISA once I'm assigned one.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Just got that email today. Curious if any of you have heard back from your ISA since receiving the email, and how soon after? Thanks.

DaisyB

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got that email today. Curious if any of you have heard back from your ISA since receiving the email, and how soon after? Thanks.
I configured last Wednesday 6/27 like everyone else. Got the “next steps” email the same day. Yesterday was told I have a VIN and today got a delivery date.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I configured last Wednesday 6/27 like everyone else. Got the “next steps” email the same day. Yesterday was told I have a VIN and today got a delivery date.
Oh okay. Yeah, I just realized it's the same email I received right after I configured. I guess they just auto-send the email every couple of days if you still have outstanding items. The only outstanding items I have are my loan information (I put that I am financing through my bank) and my insurance information (I am currently carless, so I'm not planning on getting insurance until I get a delivery date). I just got excited when I saw that it was an email from Tesla.

However, I did call on Saturday and was told that I have a VIN. They weren't able to tell me the VIN but said I should be contacted by an ISA soon. Hopefully soon meaning soon and not Elon's soon.