Delivery Experience - Dallas SC

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picked up my black beauty today at the Cedar Springs Service Center. In one word, Flawless. From the initial intro, to the orientation, walk through and document handoffs, things were well coordinated and on-time.

The SC Staff was super courteous and well prepared. Quick, organized and pleasant interaction.

Condition: I was prepared for scratches/dings/mis-alignments and armed with multiple checklists. I also had heavy artillery - my wife - as the inspector. Despite her best efforts (normally very formidable), there were no issues that we could find. Fit and finish on par/better than my Audi Q5 which was my last new car purchase.

First Drive: Enjoyable once I got an idea of the regen braking. The power, driver visibility, intuitive tablet interface (after a few initial glitches) made the drive enjoyable.

What I missed most was the blind spot monitor functionality. The tablet /camera view of the road has too much detail and imo, not useful from a BSM perspective.

Overall, worth the wait and looking forward to many miles of enjoyable driving. Cheers.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats on the car. I have to say the Tollway people are screwing with new Tesla deliveries. For those that don't drive the Tollway often, it is being repaved right now. They are moving fast, but they started the North bound lanes yesterday from Mockingbird. They are chewing off a couple of inches of blacktop and laying new back down, but it is a few days in between. There is a ton of debris left on the road. You might be OK during rush hour at 25 MPH, but you don't want to be following anyone at 60 or more - you'll be pelted with rocks and dust. Hope they will be done in the next 2 weeks from there up to 635.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Noticed the road work. Hopefully, they finish it quickly. In Dallas, they are pretty good with the road construction projects (Now, if it were Atlanta, it would be a different story!). My daily commute is on SRT and George Bush and so, I will escape this road work.

Lovesword

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Picked up my black beauty today at the Cedar Springs Service Center. In one word, Flawless. From the initial intro, to the orientation, walk through and document handoffs, things were well coordinated and on-time.

The SC Staff was super courteous and well prepared. Quick, organized and pleasant interaction.

Condition: I was prepared for scratches/dings/mis-alignments and armed with multiple checklists. I also had heavy artillery - my wife - as the inspector. Despite her best efforts (normally very formidable), there were no issues that we could find. Fit and finish on par/better than my Audi Q5 which was my last new car purchase.

First Drive: Enjoyable once I got an idea of the regen braking. The power, driver visibility, intuitive tablet interface (after a few initial glitches) made the drive enjoyable.

What I missed most was the blind spot monitor functionality. The tablet /camera view of the road has too much detail and imo, not useful from a BSM perspective.

Overall, worth the wait and looking forward to many miles of enjoyable driving. Cheers.
Congrats!!! May you have many safe travels over the coming years!
Now the important question, what color did you pick? :D