Delivery date change

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

Usmc88fan

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Ordered May 15 and completed all forms/ insurance/ approved May 18. and original delivery date was June 29. Then almost every week the website showing delayed schedule, keep changing. Till today still no sign of VIN assigned. Location: Nor Cal. Yesterday showing delivery date will be Oct and I was so pissed off. Today delivery changed to July 25 to Aug 13 but still no VIN assigned.
Ordered May 15 and completed all forms/ insurance/ approved May 18. and original delivery date was June 29. Then almost every week the website showing delayed schedule, keep changing. Till today still no sign of VIN assigned. Location: Nor Cal. Yesterday showing delivery date will be Oct and I was so pissed off. Today delivery changed to July 25 to Aug 13 but still no VIN assigned.
We ordered 14 April and picked up 16 June. Best thing I did was call the Tesla center and they were able to look it up and give us what ended up being very accurate information compared to the app/site.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
We ordered 14 April and picked up 16 June. Best thing I did was call the Tesla center and they were able to look it up and give us what ended up being very accurate information compared to the app/site.

Can you share their phone number? I ordered way back in March and still haven't heard a thing.

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I ordered my S Plaid on March 22nd and still haven't heard word one from Tesla and so, obviously, no VIN assigned. For a while my order did show almost weekly delivery date changes and then they finally completely did away with the expected delivery dates. The order page on Tesla's web site shows that if I were to order one today it would be delivered sometime in August, if that can even be trusted. I am in Idaho and ordered it with 19 in. wheels (wanted the supposed increase of 50 or so miles of range) which some media and video reports indicate caused at least one of the delays. I see today that now there is a hold on a bunch of Model S's for some sort of new "inspection" criteria that must be accomplished. I don't even know if one of them is mine or not since, as I said, they have not communicated with me at all since I ordered it.
Articles out just today that S deliveries are on hold. Possibly a new inspection process, not sure what they've found or are changing.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
I gave them a call this morning and all the guy could tell me is that it is in the "planning" stage with no VIN assigned yet. He also told me that they haven't seen any S's come it that the 19 in. wheels so, apparently that might be the problem. I also read this morning that the "hold" on all Model S's has been lifted and they'll be resuming deliveries. Wish mine was one of them.

Another gent on here said that whatever you expected when purchasing a new vehicle from a dealer, don't expect it from Tesla, and that they're likely to show up at your door on short notice and just drop it off without much fanfare. I guess time will tell.

Usmc88fan

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Thank you! Somehow did 20 and then retired. Hope you get it all sorted and believe me, it’ll be well worth the wait!! Best car I’ve ever had!!
I checked every 4-5 days with them. I did all the agreements, and waited a day or so and called again. They actually told me mine had arrived that morning, and asked if I wanted to come the next day for it. The communication is definitely lacking, but the car will make up for it. Have faith!

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I gave them a call this morning and all the guy could tell me is that it is in the "planning" stage with no VIN assigned yet. He also told me that they haven't seen any S's come it that the 19 in. wheels so, apparently that might be the problem. I also read this morning that the "hold" on all Model S's has been lifted and they'll be resuming deliveries. Wish mine was one of them.

Another gent on here said that whatever you expected when purchasing a new vehicle from a dealer, don't expect it from Tesla, and that they're likely to show up at your door on short notice and just drop it off without much fanfare. I guess time will tell.
You'll likely get your car before the end of the quarter(9/30). Any indicated delivery date means absolutely nothing until a VIN is assigned, and there is absolutely nothing that you or anyone at the sales center can do to hurry things up.

• Agree
Reactions: garsh

Usmc88fan

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation

Did you get an acknowledgement thing about Tesla Vision? That was right at the end of our wait. That also means they removed the radars from the Model S during the delivery hold.

Zomblover

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
If you call your Tesla center, they can look up your order and give you a much more accurate date range. They can see when your car is scheduled to be built, and then let you know about how long after that it should get to them. Made me a whole lot more relaxed.
Hello Usmc88fan,
Question. I am in NH, where they are not regulated to sell. I have to drive to NJ to pickup. Would I call the pickup location and ask them? Everytime I have called I get customer service who are in various states.
Thanks!

Usmc88fan

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Hello Usmc88fan,
Question. I am in NH, where they are not regulated to sell. I have to drive to NJ to pickup. Would I call the pickup location and ask them? Everytime I have called I get customer service who are in various states.
Thanks!
I’d call the location you’re planning to pick it up from. They would know best when it should be there. Also ask them when they usually get their deliveries. Ours only gets them a few times per year, so it should also help narrow down when yours might show up.

Reactions: Zomblover

Tesla blue Y

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’d call the location you’re planning to pick it up from. They would know best when it should be there. Also ask them when they usually get their deliveries. Ours only gets them a few times per year, so it should also help narrow down when yours might show up.
my experience is the local store will have no idea about delivery info. I have been stuck in a 13 days to the beginning of my delivery window cycle for a month now. I ordered in early June 8th? and my delivery window moves back one day each day. I called the store and they said when the serial number appears they will be able to get more info NOT until.

Hope that helps. I am waiting for a Model Y.

• Agree
Reactions: Zomblover and FRC

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Until a VIN is assigned, nobody can say definitively when you car will be ready. Until, VIN assignment, nobody knows which car is your's and the system gives no way to search for your vehicle. And I think Tesla has made it pretty obvious that they don't know when your car will be built.

Happily, you won't have to wait 911 days like some of us. Just keep up hope that you'll get it soon, and know that it'll be worth the wait.

Reactions: GDN and garsh