Delivery: check for scratches under rear license plate?

JeffcM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Am slightly annoyed by this.

I removed the “zero emissions” plate yesterday to install the new plate.

Two issues...

1 one of the plastic plugs just turned in place .. after adding pressure cleverly, and with two people working on it, we were able to get the screw out. However the plug still just turns. It seems as if that screw was over-tightened when installed, stripping the plastic plug where it contacts the trunk metal.

2 the area on the trunk metal had scratches indicating the screws were inserted , not in the plug, and screwing in was attempted.

I’d like to replace these plugs with bigger plugs, but might just cover the area with gorilla tape.
Am not sure how to fix the stripped plug.

Attachments

HappyDad

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Two issues...

1 one of the plastic plugs just turned in place .. after adding pressure cleverly, and with two people working on it, we were able to get the screw out. However the plug still just turns. It seems as if that screw was over-tightened when installed, stripping the plastic plug where it contacts the trunk metal.

2 the area on the trunk metal had scratches indicating the screws were inserted , not in the plug, and screwing in was attempted.

I’d like to replace these plugs with bigger plugs, but might just cover the area with gorilla tape.
I would just take it back to Tesla and have them fix it right. You spent too much money for it to warrant resolving yourself with gorilla tape. What you found is pretty sloppy indeed.

rluciano

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country

Two issues...

Hey that looks just like mine. :rolleyes:

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I would just take it back to Tesla and have them fix it right. You spent too much money for it to warrant resolving yourself with gorilla tape. What you found is pretty sloppy indeed.
Yes. Bring it in for service or use the mobile ranger. Tesla replaced the license plate screws for my M3 when I brought mine in. Apparently it’s a known issue per my SA