Delivery Appointment without VIN?

JLiu

Country
Country
A week ago, I received an email from Delivery Advisor and had setup a delivery appointment for September 25th. However, I still don't see a VIN. Is that normal? I have been emailing delivery advisor for like 5 emails for the past week - and haven't heard anything.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A week ago, I received an email from Delivery Advisor and had setup a delivery appointment for September 25th. However, I still don't see a VIN. Is that normal? I have been emailing delivery advisor for like 5 emails for the past week - and haven't heard anything.

I think it varies. I ordered M3's and one showed up one day before delivery. The other order showed up when DS called to schedule a delivery to my house.

HappyDad

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Vin showed up only 2 days before delivery. I noticed the day after my backdoor edit link quit working was when I got a call from Vegas. I am sure you will get yours or a call very soon.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My delivery is scheduled for the 18th, this Tuesday (since 9/6) and no VIN as of now (the 16th). Friday I called asking for the VIN, saying I’d like to get the loan and insurance finalized over the weekend, and was told there is not yet one assigned to me.
I asked if there appeared to be an issue, and why others have a VIN weeks prior. He said something like “it’s really kinda like pure luck that some get assigned early, but not unusual to not be assigned until the day before”. I also pointed out I’ve not been contacted by anyone following the scheduler, and he didn’t feel that was unusual either. So just rolling with it at this point.

minogully

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
9 days until my delivery date. I still haven't heard from my delivery advisor nor do I have a VIN listed on my Tesla account page. But I know I have a VIN in their system because I called Tesla a few times to try and get them to speed up my delivery so I could make the cut off date of my jurisdiction's rebate (to no avail) and the person on the phone told me I had a VIN but they couldn't tell me what it was.
Is it normal to have never heard from the delivery advisor with so few days remaining?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
9 days until my delivery date. I still haven't heard from my delivery advisor nor do I have a VIN listed on my Tesla account page. But I know I have a VIN in their system because I called Tesla a few times to try and get them to speed up my delivery so I could make the cut off date of my jurisdiction's rebate (to no avail) and the person on the phone told me I had a VIN but they couldn't tell me what it was.
Is it normal to have never heard from the delivery advisor with so few days remaining?
Umm, have you read thru posts around here? My delivery is tomorrow and don’t have a VIN assigned yet, and have not had any ida/isa contact as of yet.

minogully

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Umm, have you read thru posts around here? My delivery is tomorrow and don’t have a VIN assigned yet, and have not had any ida/isa contact as of yet.
I read a couple of threads, but apparently I didn't read enough :)
Thanks, I was beginning to think that my particular delivery advisor had it out to get me or was simply a bad employee.

The problem with not hearing from the delivery advisor is that the timing of the appointment conflicts with my wife's work schedule. And she's a nurse and is never granted afternoon's off.

But it's nice to hear that I'm not alone :)

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had delivery of p3d- scheduled for today, 9/17 at 10am. Went to the delivery center on Fri 9/14 to check things out/see if my car had arrived. After not seeing my car on the lot(Freemont told me my vin when I called them about 10 days ago), I talked to a delivery supervisor on site. He contacted my car to find that it is on the rail lot 3 hrs. away and is scheduled for arrival on 9/21. He had no idea why Freemont scheduled 9/17 and he rescheduled me for 9/24. No delivery advisor has ever contacted me to date(although Freemont gave me that person's name and assured me that they would contact me soon). If you're worried call 51-TESLA or your local delivery center yourself. Be proactive, it may give you some peace of mind.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had delivery of p3d- scheduled for today, 9/17 at 10am. Went to the delivery center on Fri 9/14 to check things out/see if my car had arrived. After not seeing my car on the lot(Freemont told me my vin when I called them about 10 days ago), I talked to a delivery supervisor on site. He contacted my car to find that it is on the rail lot 3 hrs. away and is scheduled for arrival on 9/21. He had no idea why Freemont scheduled 9/17 and he rescheduled me for 9/24. No delivery advisor has ever contacted me to date(although Freemont gave me that person's name and assured me that they would contact me soon). If you're worried call 51-TESLA or your local delivery center yourself. Be proactive, it may give you some peace of mind.
its Fremont

minogully

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you're worried call 51-TESLA or your local delivery center yourself. Be proactive, it may give you some peace of mind.
I’ve already called them 3 times over the last month or two all related to current events pertaining to my provinces rebate and whether or not they could do something so I could still get it (they were 16 days too late).
Each time they said I had a delivery advisor assigned and that they’d contact me “shortly”.

I’m probably black listed now, haha

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

I had not heard back from my delivery advisor until the day before I picked up my car. My VIN showed up the day before as well.

minogully

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just received my VIN tonight on my Tesla Account webpage, with one week remaining until my delivery appointment. Still haven't heard from my delivery advisor. But at least I can move forward with getting my insurance more organized.

Tesla3Fan

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
my blue M3 LR DM is scheduled for Sept 27th PM in the Montreal location.
I do not have a VIN.
I did not get my trade in offer.
I did not get a call from the delivery advisor.
I'm hoping for the best but getting nervous that my delivery might get postponed...