Deer vs. Model 3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

JoeP

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So the *very first day i had it*, a deer decided to run into the side of my Model 3. Maybe its because its blue (seriously, i had another deer do almost the exact same thing to my blue Toyota Rav4EV, another tesla-powered electric vehicle a couple years ago...)

Anyway it busted the mirror (so the glass would fall out actually) and made some small-ish dents (but no scratches) in the side of the car.

Good news for Tesla service: when i made a reservation to take it in, i noted the mirror needed fixing and *they had the part pre-ordered when i got there). So in 24 hours they were able to give me the car back with a new mirror and another Tesla related issue fixed (the car's odomoter didnt work at delivery, they fixed it and "read the logs" to put the (correct) value in the odometer (or at least i think it was pretty close). Apparently "an engineer" had to do that.

Anyway, a pretty successful experience with Tesla service. They actually loaned me a Model X P90D (which i'd never driven before) for the day it took to fix my car. (and yeah the Model X has *crazy* doors, its almost as much fun playing with them as driving the car, which is *much heavier* than the Model 3 and i notice the difference in battery usage immediately)