decisions... red or white (or silver)

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm so torn between red or white. This decision is the worst first world problem I've ever had. smh
Any specific angles us white (and red) owners can take pictures of to help?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm so torn between red or white. This decision is the worst first world problem I've ever had. smh
I was totally sold on and going with red....right up until I saw a white one. Now I'm definitely going with white, no doubt, final answer, not looking at any other colors. But, I did see a really nice red one on the road the other day. No, stop, NOT CHANGING MY MIND. Well, that is at least the conversation going on in my head!:confused:;):D

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I was totally sold on and going with red....right up until I saw a white one. Now I'm definitely going with white, no doubt, final answer, not looking at any other colors. But, I did see a really nice red one on the road the other day. No, stop, NOT CHANGING MY MIND. Well, that is at least the conversation going on in my head!:confused:;):D
The blue one is awefully nice too ;)

lupend88

Country
Country
Definitely white! For such a "clean" car, both environmentally and design-wise, I feel like a clean bright white accompanies it the best. Think... Colgate commercial... or first day of snowfall. :D

PTC Gator

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Too many white cars on the road already. It seems like every 3rd car is white around here. It does look good, but I can't reconcile white exterior with black interior as well.

Impatient

Country
Country
Years ago, I was buying a BMW M-Roadster and couldn't decide between blue or silver. I drove home from the dealer to think about it and on the way home I lost count of how many silver cars I saw. I decided I didn't want just another silver car, so I went with blue. The Model 3 we just picked up is blue and it's gorgeous.

That said, the only reason we got a blue Model 3 is because our Model S is red and even though red is quite obviously the best color for an S or a 3*, we didn't want two red cars.

*IMHO :D

Country
Country
Red was my choice, white is so yuck.
Definitely not gray, once was on a business trip to Tucson, got a rental car late at night, next morning got up early and the parking lot was full of grey cars, had to wander around with the key fob and find the dam car. Will never get a grey car.

Pescakl1

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I was equally torn until I saw the red Model 3 at the downtown Boston store. From that moment I knew red was the color for me. :)
It is funny I had the totally opposite reaction :p: I was torn between Blue, MS and Red, so I went to Tesla service center and looked at the Model S over there (I know, not same shape but same color paint nonetheless).

That is when the Red went off my list (like it a lot when sun is covered or at night, but too washed (for me) in bright sunlight).

Last weekend, I went back with my daughter, and definitively picking blue now.

Apparently we are the blue type family :cool:

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am having the same debate! I've had three cars in my life - the first one was champagne, the second and third were both white. I feel like white is practical but red is so gorgeous! I am leaning toward the fun, non-practical option for once in my life. :tearsofjoy:

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Between Red / White it's more of a maintenance decision in my book than just color appeal alone.

White/Silver is very low maintenance, doesn't show most light scratches, always "looks" clean besides maybe front end bug spots.

Red like most darker colors (Blue/Grey/Black) are higher maintenance, they look great when clean, but that doesnt last long and will show any and all scratches and road dirt.

Beyond the maintenance aspect I feel certain colors just highlight the vehicle's body/size/shapes better than others. I'm in the Silver & Blue debate myself since I love the white but 2 of 3 cars have been white, so time for a change. Good luck! ;)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I am having the same debate! I've had three cars in my life - the first one was champagne, the second and third were both white. I feel like white is practical but red is so gorgeous! I am leaning toward the fun, non-practical option for once in my life. :tearsofjoy:
After champagne, a couple of nice white Riesling white with your first course, flaming red wine does feel appropriate in a good meal... you’ve already reach the main course now... :D