Dead Pedal for the Right Foot

Bryan Baker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With about 6months and 15k miles to date, by far most of those miles being on the freeway with Autopilot engaged, I've noticed I don't have a good place to put my right foot. If long Duck Dong can finally find a place to put his hand, now that our right feet have no where to be for most of our drives, they need a similarly comfy spot made just for them. The left foot has a dead pedal, now our right foot needs one, too.

So far, my most comfortable place for my right foot is crossing it over to double up on the left dead pedal, which is unsafe in the event of the need to brake unexpectedly.

Sounds pretty easy to design to me. Could even be a simple half-sized one indented into the right side-wall.

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I like and foresee the legal bs that will come with it - someone will need to GO and in a hurry...for example merging or crossing an intersection...and will jam their foot down on the dead pedal causing an accident.

I want it...but as ideas go, until FSD is commonplace I don't think it's long for this world.

Bryan Baker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree that legal BS is inevitable. But worth getting passed, and realistic since it was passed for the left dead pedal and missing the break is a lot more dangerous than missing the accelerator.