Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Non-scientific sampling: Has anyone on the forum actually encountered this? I mean intentional blocking as harassment, not blocking through ignorance.
It's hard to discern intent, but about half a dozen times I have seen large trucks block many/most of the supercharging stalls for long periods of time. Here's one from mid-December who was there for at least an hour. And there were many other out of the way places he could have stopped in the parking lot.
Sky Wheel Cloud Tire Automotive tire

Reactions: Nautilus
Here's an interesting solution to keeping combustion vehicles from parking at charging stations.
The bar would have to be much higher to prevent lifted trucks from parking there, however.

TESLA CHINA FINDS A CREATIVE SOLUTION FOR SUPERCHARGER ICE-ING ISSUE

Many cases, likes below, where this would do nothing.

It's hard to discern intent, but about half a dozen times I have seen large trucks block many/most of the supercharging stalls for long periods of time. Here's one from mid-December who was there for at least an hour. And there were many other out of the way places he could have stopped in the parking lot.
View attachment 20496

Calling the police is the best and legal way if you want to involve yourself, monetary losses always make people think twice about acting like a fool

A valve stem removal tool is the illegal but satisfying option for those that throw caution to the wind :D

At the end of the day just call the police if you feel the need or just leave it alone.

The management office for the parking garage where the SC's that I use is located about 100 feet from the Tesla spaces. Fortunately they're pretty vigilant, and will initially put a bright warning sticker on an offending car, and if not moved within a designated time, a tow is next. I saw this Lexus RX tonight sporting a new florescent green accessory.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light

I've seen that video, and also 2 other articles regarding instances of pick-up trucks intentionally blocking superchargers, both in North Carolina I think. I had been wondering: Is this really a thing, or is it something that's getting blown out of proportion?

Non-scientific sampling: Has anyone on the forum actually encountered this? I mean intentional blocking as harassment, not blocking through ignorance.
I have seen ICE's parked at Superchargers in Massachusetts (Mansfield) and RI (East Greenwich). Hard to believe it is just ignorance, since the Tesla signs are pretty obvious AND parking at the Superchargers almost always puts the ICE at a distance from the business establishments they are probably going to. IMHO they are just being Neanderthal jerks.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.