Day one owner already delivered and just ordered another

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
driverfront.jpg
I was a first day reservation holder and a previous owner of a Model S. I've already received my my car in early March and it's been wonderful. So wonderful in fact that I've just reserved a second one for my business this time.

I've done some searching and didn't find any threads in this situation so I thought I'd document it for others to see if/when the priority kicks in. Hopefully it's helpful. The rundown so far:

December 2014 - Received my Model S
March 2016 - Reserved
December 2017 - Returned my Model S (lease)
January 2018 - Ordered my LR Midnight Silver Model 3
March 2018 - Received Model 3 in NV. What a car.
16 March 2018 - Placed a reservation for a section Model 3. Currently says "Late 2018"

I'll update as things progress in case it's helpful for others who decide to go with a second reservation late in the game. (And if others have taken a similar route, feel free to chime in.)

rareohs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Still waiting on my VIN, and then delivery, but already anticipating I may want to reserve a AWD/performance model, just worried how much I would lose trying to sell the first m3

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 6376
I was a first day reservation holder and a previous owner of a Model S. I've already received my my car in early March and it's been wonderful. So wonderful in fact that I've just reserved a second one for my business this time.

I've done some searching and didn't find any threads in this situation so I thought I'd document it for others to see if/when the priority kicks in. Hopefully it's helpful. The rundown so far:

December 2014 - Received my Model S
March 2016 - Reserved
December 2017 - Returned my Model S (lease)
January 2018 - Ordered my LR Midnight Silver Model 3
March 2018 - Received Model 3 in NV. What a car.
16 March 2018 - Placed a reservation for a section Model 3. Currently says "Late 2018"

I'll update as things progress in case it's helpful for others who decide to go with a second reservation late in the game. (And if others have taken a similar route, feel free to chime in.)
Interesting and please let us know if you get priority soon. I am a non-owner but waited in line on March 31st. Just a few days ago I reserved a 2nd model 3 just as an experiment to see if I get owner priority once I get my first one. Also I did it just in case I really want a dual motor version or for some reason my car gets totaled and I need a replacement. Like @rareohs above I'm not sure if could sell the first one plus make up enough with loosing the tax credit on the 2nd that it would ever be worth it but it was more of a curiosity if I'd get bumped up in the queue.

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Alright, just over one month after posting this thread, today I received the invite to order. (Clicking on it doesn't give me the option to order, but I'll try again later tonight and hope for the best.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Alright, just over one month after posting this thread, today I received the invite to order. (Clicking on it doesn't give me the option to order, but I'll try again later tonight and hope for the best.
You were invited to order the 2nd Model 3? This was one of my ongoing unanswered questions...

Does owning a Model 3 give you owner priority for a 2nd Model 3?

If I read your ownership timeline correctly, your original Model S gave you priority for the first Model 3. You put in a second Model 3 order which put you at the end of the line (end of 2018) but you apparently just got an invite to order? That would lead me to believe that the 2nd Model 3 got owner priority from the first Model 3?

Country
Country
I am thinking of doing the same. I received my first Model 3 since I owned a Model S. I am about to sell my Model S and am thinking of getting another Model 3. But I am not sure how long it would take for the 2nd Model 3 to show up. I would need a 2nd car ASAP and this gives me confidence that it should take about a month or so?