Dashcam video script

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Kermit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Try with the new --motion_only; that way it will go skip anything where there is no motion (or very little motion).
These are lively dashcam videos, plenty of motion! Was hoping for a little more granular control of playback speed but I'm just being super picky, great software!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
todays the first I've used the app since V10...
I could not get it to recognize 'RecentClips', and even when leaving the targeted directory off all together, it would only look at SavedClips and SentryClips

With the new 4 camera layouts, how do you get the rear camera to mirror so it matches the side cameras?

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
todays the first I've used the app since V10...
I could not get it to recognize 'RecentClips', and even when leaving the targeted directory off all together, it would only look at SavedClips and SentryClips

With the new 4 camera layouts, how do you get the rear camera to mirror so it matches the side cameras?
Next version will mirror rear camera same as it does for the side ones. So when sides are mirrored, rear is. When sides are not mirrored rear is not.

For the folders, if you do not specify a source folder then it will only grab SavedClips and SentryClips.

I'm assuming you run it so it checks for existence of a USB drive. Thus if you want to include RecentClips you would need to use the parameter --monitor_once and then provide the 3 folders:
Code:
tesla_dashcam --monitor_once SavedClips SentryClips RecentClips
Or if you want it to keep on running and monitoring (this so that you can then. take the USB drive out, and at another time when you insert it back in it will start processing again):
Code:
tesla_dashcam --monitor SavedClips SentryClips RecentClips
Any other parameters you can still provide, like the output folder.

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
These are lively dashcam videos, plenty of motion! Was hoping for a little more granular control of playback speed but I'm just being super picky, great software!
I checked and can use a float for it. Hence next version has it changed so you can use, for example, 1.4 for speedup (or slowdown).

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice, @ehendrix23. Interesting that you packed everything into a .dmg package, I need to investigate how to do that :)

Take a look at https://github.com/chriskiehl/Gooey. It's a very nice and super-easy GUI generator for command line python scripts. It may bump this tool to the next level ;)
Process is actually very simple (once you know how). <g>. Just create a disk image from disk utility and make it big enough. That is then kind the "template". Then every time update the file(s) in that disk image and then use Disk Utility to convert and compress it. Here is a link to a page explaining it: https://el-tramo.be/blog/fancy-dmg/

Thanks for the tip for Gooey. Definitely going to look into that as that would make it easy to create a GUI for now.