Dashboard scuff!! No No No!!!!

mrpetrov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe we should just do what some people do with their carrara marble kitchen tops (when they pour wine and meat jus all over it just to stain it), and scuff it up as soon as we get it. Sorta a hobo distressed vibe to go along with the save-the-world-hipster shtick from driving an EV?:)

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe we should just do what some people do with their carrara marble kitchen tops (when they pour wine and meat jus all over it just to stain it), and scuff it up as soon as we get it. Sorta a hobo distressed vibe to go along with the save-the-world-hipster shtick from driving an EV?:)
Hey, why not? After all, people pay good money for new jeans with rips in them and for beat-up furniture euphemistically referred to as "distressed". ;)

Jason F

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, that material scratches very easy. I sprayed it down with ONR and use a good MF towel. Still the dust put scratch marks in it. Now I make sure the towel is also soaked in ONR. Makes a mess, but better lubrication. I have a June 2018 build.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, that material scratches very easy. I sprayed it down with ONR and use a good MF towel. Still the dust put scratch marks in it. Now I make sure the towel is also soaked in ONR. Makes a mess, but better lubrication. I have a June 2018 build.
Odd. I clean my dash with ONR and a MF towel and have not noticed any scratching yet with my June 2018 build.

mswlogo

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also use a very plush microfiber towel and run it across the dash with no downward pressure, relying mostly on static cling to pick up the dust. I haven't needed to use any cleaning or protective products on the dash yet.

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We had scuffs on our glove box door and this product did very well taking out the scuff marks and is now protecting the door. I highly recommend it for our cars dash * glove box door

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I used a microfiber towel dampened with ONR. And I wiped really gently, with no pressure. I'm so afraid of scratching that thing.

It doesn't feel like it should scratch easily, but after all of these reports I don't feel like taking any chances. :eek:

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also use ONR in a "quick detailer" dilution sprayed onto a soft microfiber. I wipe the plastics and interior items lightly, given reading other threads that state the dashboard doesn't like pressure or any form of abrasion.

Sjohnson20

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I scratched mine :(

It was so dusty so I ran my cloth across it and put a huge scratch all the way across. I had no idea it was so sensitive.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
are we sure the scratches weren't there before? possibly they had touched them up before delivery and when you went to clean, it exposed the underlying scratch?

Sjohnson20

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve had my car for a year so the scratch was definitely not there before.

I’m thinking maybe the hot Florida sun did some damage to make it softer than it was before.

D5562D22-2F90-4022-8C5B-07643FBD5EE0.jpeg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, it is prone to scratching, my father in law just got in the passenger seat and scratched it with the cardboard pizza box...arghhh, can't be perfect forever I guess!