Dashboard scuff!! No No No!!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok. So I was washing RUBY today. And I just wanted to lightly dust the dash since she was recently cleaned inside. I was just running a soft cloth over it and apparently my fingernail (the are short) ran across it and scuffed it :eek:
So then I tried to wipe it down with interior wipes and I may have made it worse with swirls!!! Damn it!
Anyone have an idea to blend that? I know @SoFlaModel3 had a scuff with the sunshade but never thought it would happen to me :(

ff62cb26-99fb-4f83-8b6c-8d72ad809be3-jpeg.21476
554ac331-3387-453c-9dc7-1cc4cfe05cf7-jpeg.21477

I hope you can see it in these pics.

mrpetrov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wow, what sort of dash can be scratched from light fingernail pressure? That's a bit ordinary.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It is a soft touch material, not hard plastic. Kinda leathery. Maybe pleather ? It looks and feels nice but I can’t believe I did that. :( Was hoping to wipe it away but prob made it worse

EarlyBuyer

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a scuff on my glove box door from my teenage Niece putting her foot/shoe on it. I've tried several remedies, including talking with a detailer at a Lexus dealership. It looks like the scuff is there to stay. I was surprised by how easily this could happen.

Headwind

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry @LUXMAN - Somewhere in the forum there is a thread on something similar, where someone used a microfiber cloth and the whole dash was swirled. That material really needs care. I wish it was the same as the steering wheel cover material. I had my windshield tinted and cant believe they didnt scratch it.

This appears to be thing we all need to have a solution for. Right now I pretty much feather dust it and nothing more.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry @LUXMAN - Somewhere in the forum there is a thread on something similar, where someone used a microfiber cloth and the whole dash was swirled. That material really needs care. I wish it was the same as the steering wheel cover material. I had my windshield tinted and cant believe they didnt scratch it.

This appears to be thing we all need to have a solution for. Right now I pretty much feather dust it and nothing more.
Thanks.
Well if I can’t fix it and Tesla can’t when I go back for another fix (my bad :rolleyes:) then I may have to talk to these guys....
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pr...MI4aGG2NWg4AIV27bACh3fqAr_EAAYASAAEgIDC_D_BwE

mrpetrov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to see this. I do wish Tesla would release just a little more information on what this material is and wish it was a little tougher.

I love the dash cover you found. Every red neck pickup used to have one of those. If you search a little further you will find one where you can have your initials embroidered in to it. Then you'll be stylin'.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a scuff on my glove box door from my teenage Niece putting her foot/shoe on it. I've tried several remedies, including talking with a detailer at a Lexus dealership. It looks like the scuff is there to stay. I was surprised by how easily this could happen.
Guess that's the last time she gets to ride in your Model 3? :eek:

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That’s a pretty early build. I think Tesla may have made the dash more resilient since then. You may have luck getting them to replace. Search the forum, I read about it here.
Thanks for the tip. I will looks some more. I have been scouring the forum this morning and have found a couple of recommendation.
One is Armor All Matte Finish Protectant. I may try that one before the 303 as it is really available.
I will see how it goes before I go to Tesla as I am loathe to do a dashboard replacement!

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It is a soft touch material, not hard plastic. Kinda leathery.
That’s a pretty early build. I think Tesla may have made the dash more resilient since then.
I don't remember reading about a change in material here. If someone can locate a thread where this was discussed, please post a link here.

I've been afraid to clean my dashboard because of all the reports of it being easily scratched. It's all kinds of dusty at this point. But when I touch it, it really doesn't feel all that soft. So it certainly seems possible that they changed the material.